Which is the Best way to make GrampsNPC work?

drakulya

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28

Hello Guys, Drakulya here!

Hope you're all doing awesome.

I have a question:

I enabled the Gramps_weekly_turIn NPC but I have some map errors because this NPC is searching for custom maps... Example:

[Debug]: (npc_parsesrcfile) mapindex_name2id: Map "emos_dun02h" not found in index list!
[Error]: npc_parsesrcfile: Unknown map 'emos_dun02h' in file 'npc/custom/Gramps_Weekly_TurnIn.txt', line '444'. Skipping line...

It seems this map doesn't exist in my rathena folder and this npc needs 3 maps to work. Maybe i could redirect the npc to use another map of my preference, which is what i was trying to do...

I am trying to Clone an official map and turn it a custom map, because i want it to be the more reliable possible, for example: I want the NPC to work with a clone of "prt_fild08", the new map will be called "eprt_fild08" and since it will be a new map for the server, i am following the steps of the tutorials about creating custom maps and I Should put my files (.gat, .gnd and .rsw) in the folder, i've just CTRL+C and CTRL+V the 3 files, but i cant edit the sources on my RSW file (Lines 10 and 11 - correct data should be: eprt_fild08.gnd and eprt_fild08.gat).

image.thumb.png.f89f63fef6e476913b82b4dde65c736e.png

My questions are:

I Must carry on and create a custom map or is there a safe way or another solution to work with an official map?

Since i couldn't edit the lines 10 and 11 of the rsw map file to direct it to the right sources, Is this a problem? Because I understand that 2 maps (prt_fild08 and eprt_fild08) will use the same source?

Thanks in advance!

Gramps_Weekly_TurnIn.txt

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81

you need to create custom mapcache.dat (I used WeeMapCache)
define your custom map in map_index.txt
and define your custom map in maps_athena.conf

yes you can just use .gat from original
then change map name into something like emos_dun02h

Edited by kodkodkub
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28

@kodkodkub Ok my friend! Thank you for the answer! Using the custom mapcache it doesnt interlaps with the normal cache, so even if my map files are using the same ground and texture sources of the official, it will not be a problem, am i right? 

Oaky! i will try it now, thank you very much for your help! ;-D

@kodkodkub Solved! Thank you very much!