FluxCP Error: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No route to host

Pacman360

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30

Hello everyone, i am asking for help on this one. I think i have figured correctly but this one keeps popping up upon flux cp installation.

i have hosted my vps in: vultr.com 

i have hosted my webhost in bluehost.com

what can be the problem? thanks

04DWLvj.png

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  477

It's not recommended to stop a firewall. this will cause you a lot of problems.. and one of the problem is vulnerability on most of the DDoS Tools..
It is much better to only allow the BlueHost IP to connect on your Server.. to do so.. you need to use this command for firewalld

firewall-cmd --add-rich-rule 'rule family="ipv4" source address="YOUR_BLUEHOST_IP" service name="mysql" accept' --permanent

dont forget to reload the firewall rule to take effect by simply using this command

firewall-cmd --reload

once done. make sure your firewalld is enabled..

• MVP 1
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  477

This error means that your bluehost vps cannot reach the target server. the cause might be

- IP is not configured correctly ( see config/servers.php )
- The target server might be offline or down
- A firewall is blocking remote connections ( most of the time )

If you see that IP is configured correctly and you can connect to your target server via SSH. then it's most likely firewall that is blocking it such as iptables...
to see your iptables rules. simply use the command - iptables -S
if you see that it is allowed on ip tables, then most likely you are using another firewall as default such as ufw or firewalld. you just need to allow the ports connection remotely

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Haruka Mayumi said:

This error means that your bluehost vps cannot reach the target server. the cause might be

- IP is not configured correctly ( see config/servers.php )
- The target server might be offline or down
- A firewall is blocking remote connections ( most of the time )

If you see that IP is configured correctly and you can connect to your target server via SSH. then it's most likely firewall that is blocking it such as iptables...
to see your iptables rules. simply use the command - iptables -S
if you see that it is allowed on ip tables, then most likely you are using another firewall as default such as ufw or firewalld. you just need to allow the ports connection remotely

Thank you very much for the response, i did systemctl stop firewalld ( centos8 ) and it worked. 

I am wondering what do i type to stop firewall just for the website rather than overall stoppage? thanks

6 minutes ago, Haruka Mayumi said:

It's not recommended to stop a firewall. this will cause you a lot of problems.. and one of the problem is vulnerability on most of the DDoS Tools..
It is much better to only allow the BlueHost IP to connect on your Server.. to do so.. you need to use this command for firewalld

firewall-cmd --add-rich-rule 'rule family="ipv4" source address="YOUR_BLUEHOST_IP" service name="mysql" accept' --permanent

dont forget to reload the firewall rule to take effect by simply using this command

firewall-cmd --reload

once done. make sure your firewalld is enabled..

Wow this worked well!

Thank you very much! amazing