Warning compiling char_clif.cpp

CyberDevil

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  242

Today I have made an update/upgrade of my server of all the libraries etc. but when I re-compiled rAthena, I see this warning that I do not know how to solve:

make[1]: ingresso nella directory "/root/rAthena/src/char"
        MKDIR   obj
        CXX     char_clif.cpp
char_clif.cpp: In function int chclif_parse_pincode_setnew(int, char_session_data*)’:
char_clif.cpp:293:11: warning: char* strncpy(char*, const char*, size_t)’ specified bound depends on the length of the source argument [-Wstringop-overflow=]
    strncpy( sd->pincode, newpin, strlen( newpin ) );
    ~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        CXX     char_cnslif.cpp
      	etc... etc.. etc...

The rAthena version is updated a few days ago and the server runs with Debian 9... any suggestions?

• Upvote 1

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

@CyberDevil, you can safely ignore those warnings unless it is affecting the actual intended behavior of the emulator. GCC-7 should be okay.

• Like 2

Update with this screenshot

image.png.60903b440c6ae04f3f27345d879ead3e.png

...and this other errors at the end of compiling:

scanner.h:208:17: warning: type of ‘libconfig_yy_scan_string’ does not match original declaration [-Wlto-type-mismatch]
scanner.c:1964:17: note: ‘libconfig_yy_scan_string’ was previously declared here
scanner.c:1964:17: note: code may be misoptimized unless -fno-strict-aliasing is used
scanner.h:202:6: warning: type of ‘libconfig_yy_delete_buffer’ does not match original declaration [-Wlto-type-mismatch]
scanner.c:1743:10: note: ‘libconfig_yy_delete_buffer’ was previously declared here
scanner.c:1743:10: note: code may be misoptimized unless -fno-strict-aliasing is used

image.png.d671bf38e1b38780aeaa1cf6d8dee2e9.png

Edited by CyberDevil
  • Upvote 1

I have downgrade and recompile from GCC-8 to GCC-7 and the first warning is gone... I have only got this warning now:

CXX     unit.cpp
        CXX     vending.cpp
        LD      map-server
scanner.h:208:17: warning: type of ‘libconfig_yy_scan_string’ does not match original declaration [-Wlto-type-mismatch]
scanner.c:1964:17: note: ‘libconfig_yy_scan_string’ was previously declared here
scanner.c:1964:17: note: code may be misoptimized unless -fno-strict-aliasing is used
scanner.h:202:6: warning: type of ‘libconfig_yy_delete_buffer’ does not match original declaration [-Wlto-type-mismatch]
scanner.c:1743:10: note: ‘libconfig_yy_delete_buffer’ was previously declared here
scanner.c:1743:10: note: code may be misoptimized unless -fno-strict-aliasing is used

Do you think that by doing a downgrade from GCC-7 to GCC-6 I can solve or is it better to go directly to version 5?

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  101

On 2/25/2019 at 5:41 AM, CyberDevil said:

I have downgrade and recompile from GCC-8 to GCC-7 and the first warning is gone... I have only got this warning now:

Do you think that by doing a downgrade from GCC-7 to GCC-6 I can solve or is it better to go directly to version 5?

solved your problem?

nope... I think this issue can solve with GCC-5 but it's no more important for me... the server work perfectly also with this warning!