Maximum number of skills per job

Eris_

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

Hello everyone, I just started my very first project and I'm having a lot of fun and relative success. I've never made a RO server before, but I have some experience coding and thus far I've managed to solve all my doubts by googling and reading this (awesome) forum. But, alas, not this time - there are a few problems I've encountered that no ammount of googling, documentation and reading the code have solved, here they are:

I want to make a "custom class" with all the skills in the game, for that I'm using the Super Novice, wich shall eventually be renamed to Adventurer. I edited" skill_tree.txt" and "skilltreeview.lub" so that the Super Novice now has all 1-1/2 and 2-1/2 skills in the game. But this problem surprised me: There is a limit on how many skills a class can have! See the following images:

Spoiler

maxskillsperjob.PNG.dd3a891b0b9c687b996db51f01b035ae.PNG

The error reads "Unable to load skill x into job y's tree. Maximum number of skills per job has been reached."

Spoiler

skills2.PNG.2605d6baa7884920219b8981fef5117c.PNG

As you can see, after using @allskills, I have access to all skills until a certain point, and then it stops working. The greyed out skills are not attainable using the command and I can not assign skill points to them. As you can guess, this is probably happening because these skills surpassed the aforementioned limit.

Other points of interest: There are some skills that are not working, even though all other skills arround them are. See image:

Spoiler

skills1.PNG.23f9e5506048defc9493e3dfa1ed2e41.PNG

All Thief skills and Lex Aeterna are behaving like the rest of the greyed out ones, not being given to me by command usage and can not assign skill points. Haven't tested platinum skills yet, but I assume they will work if I do the quests.

Even more interesting is the fact that in my GM account, where I have "all_skill: true" configured on "conf/groups.conf", not only do I have all skills working on my "Etc" tab, after using @allskills I also have all the skills on the "1st job" tab properly working and I'm able to assign skill points to them.

So the question is: how do I make it so that I can have all the skills in one class? Where do I edit the maximum number of skills per job?

This is my main and most critical problem, but I have a few more I'll put on this same thread:

Spoiler
  • Every time I log in, this error message appears:
Spoiler

errorloadingdataaccountsettings.PNG.7fcd5b9f5cf2c62624e3b0299acd4f37.PNG

It reads "There was an error when loading the data account settings. (Please restart to retry. )". I'm not sure if this is causing any problems, but it's an error message nonetheless.

• Is there an easy way to make all equipment equipable by all classes, or for an specific class, for example: super novice? Or will I have to edit the entire item_db manually?

• I'm trying to make MVPs give more exp, but editing the exp value in mob_db.sql is not changing it at all, what is the correct way to do it?

And finally some technical info to help you help me:
I've made the server using this guide. Wich means I'm using a fairly recent rAthena version and my exe is 20180530.

Thank you for reading and trying to help, I'm immensely grateful!

Edited by Cepphei

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Content Moderator
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1677

pc.hpp

#define MAX_SKILL_TREE 85

also a fast way to do it

create new group id

give it all_skill: true permission

add the group id to OnPCLoginEvent for the job id or at the job changer (or any kind of script)

you will find all the skills in the etc window

Edited by sader1992
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 2

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

Thank you!

29 minutes ago, sader1992 said:

pc.hpp

#define MAX_SKILL_TREE 85

This solves my problem perfectly, thank you for the other suggestion too! Do you know why this was set to 85 besides "this is the most we need normally"? Does changing this number have any consequences?
I will avoid marking as best answer for now because I want more people to see the thread and the other questions, but thanks again!