Decimals in rAthena

joao

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18

Despite of rAthenas' scripts not supporting decimals, I was wondering if there's a way to, for example, write a formula in C, compile it, and then call this C script inside a rAthena script (or must I do everything in C?). If you guys know any other way, or have any other suggestions on using decimals in rAthena, I'd love to hear. Thanks for the support!

EDIT: If I, for example, assign a formula to a variable (even if it contains divisions), and then multiply it by 10000000 (assuming there's a limit to the decimals), would it work properly or would I have any problem (maybe overflow)? Example:

$@formula = (x/7)*100000000

Edited by joao

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

1 hour ago, joao said:

Despite of rAthenas' scripts not supporting decimals, I was wondering if there's a way to, for example, write a formula in C, compile it, and then call this C script inside a rAthena script (or must I do everything in C?). If you guys know any other way, or have any other suggestions on using decimals in rAthena, I'd love to hear. Thanks for the support!

EDIT: If I, for example, assign a formula to a variable (even if it contains divisions), and then multiply it by 10000000 (assuming there's a limit to the decimals), would it work properly or would I have any problem (maybe overflow)? Example:

$@formula = (x/7)*100000000

You should organize your equation with fractions in mind.

You can write formula 'supporting' decimals but doing something along these lines

X = 123456

Mes X/100 +"."+ (X%100);

This will show "123.456"

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18

Got it, thanks for the help. Just an update for anyone who might come to this topic searching for help: I found out you can't use decimals in sql_query function as well, but what you can do is Power/root operators in sql_query using the POW() SQL function.