[Solved] 2017-06-14bRagexeRE Client Item Info Error

mknight91

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16

I am trying to get this client to work but i cant the cannot open System/iteminfo_sak/lua. No Such file or directory error, then Iteminfo file Init. I used secrets nemo patcher without any errors and have Zack's English translation for renewal. Is there anything else I need to get the client running? I read something about packets, but I was unable to get a grasp of that.

Edited by mknight91

20 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

Well.. if you read the error it tells you exactly what's wrong. You don't have an iteminfo file with the name it's looking for - so rename your version to the version the client is looking for, or reopen NEMO and select the diff option to change the name of the itemInfo file.

• MVP 1

Oh okay. I opened secrets nemo patcher and input System/iteminfo.lua instead of System/iteminfo_Sak.lub and that solved the issue. Now I have to figure out why I'm failing to connect to the server. I don't know why this is so much more challenging than the 2015 client

4 minutes ago, mknight91 said:

I don't know why this is so much more challenging than the 2015 client

It's ok - i setup a 2017 client earlier this week and it took me a good hour to figure everything out. The last client i setup was 2013 when it was easy peasy!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  31

On 4/7/2018 at 4:05 PM, mknight91 said:

Oh okay. I opened secrets nemo patcher and input System/iteminfo.lua instead of System/iteminfo_Sak.lub and that solved the issue. Now I have to figure out why I'm failing to connect to the server. I don't know why this is so much more challenging than the 2015 client

If you're having trouble connecting, make sure you recompiled your server to load the packet version for the 2017 client.
Can you login to the login server just fine but not the character server? (select a character screen) or can you not even get into the login server?

18 hours ago, dwlrma said:

If you're having trouble connecting, make sure you recompiled your server to load the packet version for the 2017 client.
Can you login to the login server just fine but not the character server? (select a character screen) or can you not even get into the login server?

It's compiled. Just fails to connect to the login server even know i get this.

[Notice]: Authentication accepted (account: blank, id: 2000000, ip: 127.0.0.1)
[Status]: Connection of the account 'blank' accepted.

I don't think I'm editing src/confing/packets.h and src/custom/defines_pre.h correctly.

Edited by mknight91

5 hours ago, mknight91 said:

I don't think I'm editing src/confing/packets.h and src/custom/defines_pre.h correctly.

here's what my packets.h looks like (except yours should say 'PACKETVER 20170614' instead of 20180221:

#ifndef PACKETVER
	/// Do NOT edit this line! To set your client version, please do this instead:
	/// In Windows: Add this line in your src\custom\defines_pre.h file: #define PACKETVER YYYYMMDD
	/// In Linux: The same as above or run the following command: ./configure --enable-packetver=YYYYMMDD
	#define PACKETVER 20180221
#endif

#ifndef PACKETVER_RE
	/// From this point on only kRO RE clients are supported
	#if PACKETVER > 20151104
		#define PACKETVER_RE
	#endif

as for my pre.h, it has nothing added to it since I edited my packet through packets.h instead.

Also check to make sure your sclientinfo or clientinfo ( in your client folder) is set to '56' instead of '55' (I might be wrong on the game version, my apologies!) If all else fails, I always get a fresh pull from rathena github for my server so that everything is updated and I only have to mostly change things client side.

Edited by dwlrma
additional information

20 hours ago, dwlrma said:

here's what my packets.h looks like (except yours should say 'PACKETVER 20170614' instead of 20180221:

#ifndef PACKETVER
	/// In Windows: Add this line in your src\custom\defines_pre.h file: #define PACKETVER YYYYMMDD
	/// In Linux: The same as above or run the following command: ./configure --enable-packetver=YYYYMMDD
	#define PACKETVER 20180221
#endif

#ifndef PACKETVER_RE
	#if PACKETVER > 20151104
		#define PACKETVER_RE
	#endif

as for my pre.h, it has nothing added to it since I edited my packet through packets.h instead.

Also check to make sure your sclientinfo or clientinfo ( in your client folder) is set to '56' instead of '55' (I might be wrong on the game version, my apologies!) If all else fails, I always get a fresh pull from rathena github for my server so that everything is updated and I only have to mostly change things client side.

Oh, i was set for 55. Now it disconnects when i log my character in.

Edited by mknight91

23 minutes ago, mknight91 said:

Oh, i was set for 55. Now it disconnects when i log my character in.

Glad we are able to get one step closer to solving your issue! Does your character or login server display the message "closed connection from (your IP)" or nothing at all?
I know you said you recompiled your server to load the 2017 packet version, but just to make sure - when you load your mapserv.exe does it display the correct packet version? (check what I highlighted in yellow):
image.png.0eb18215d458226d5644d89f0a52f825.png

Yours should say that it is using packet version 20170614. I'm not sure what the keys are for that client though, but you can check in packets.h. Also if it's the correct packet version make sure that all IP addresses are correct. If you're using the default (127.0.0.1) make sure all of them are the same.

46 minutes ago, dwlrma said:

Glad we are able to get one step closer to solving your issue! Does your character or login server display the message "closed connection from (your IP)" or nothing at all?
I know you said you recompiled your server to load the 2017 packet version, but just to make sure - when you load your mapserv.exe does it display the correct packet version? (check what I highlighted in yellow):
image.png.0eb18215d458226d5644d89f0a52f825.png

Yours should say that it is using packet version 20170614. I'm not sure what the keys are for that client though, but you can check in packets.h. Also if it's the correct packet version make sure that all IP addresses are correct. If you're using the default (127.0.0.1) make sure all of them are the same.

Looks like closed connection.

Capture.JPG.fed4a97c6cc53527c5a5949560f9fa5d.JPG

2 hours ago, mknight91 said:

Looks like closed connection.

Well your clientinfo is correct, your packet version is being loaded by your server, your IP addresses look fine, etc. (Unless there's something wrong in the packets.h and defines_pre.h) The last thing I can suggest is what you diffed your client with. Did you use the recommended patches in NEMO? Make sure you didn't diff your client with "Disable Packet Encryption" patch.

2 hours ago, dwlrma said:

Well your clientinfo is correct, your packet version is being loaded by your server, your IP addresses look fine, etc. (Unless there's something wrong in the packets.h and defines_pre.h) The last thing I can suggest is what you diffed your client with. Did you use the recommended patches in NEMO? Make sure you didn't diff your client with "Disable Packet Encryption" patch.

I tried 

#ifndef PACKETVER_RE
    #if PACKETVER > 20170614
        #define PACKETVER_RE
    #endif
#endif

and leave the defines_pre.h as default. Not sure which  is correct

Edited by mknight91

10 hours ago, mknight91 said:

I tried 

#ifndef PACKETVER_RE
    #if PACKETVER > 20170614
        #define PACKETVER_RE
    #endif
#endif

when changing packet version make sure you're not editing any other packet version except the first one. Only change the one that says 20180307 to your client date. It looks like you edited PACKETVER_RE which you shouldn't change (if I'm correct) so change it back to 20151104. My apologies that I cannot highlight things in code boxes so let me know if this is confusing you.

#ifndef PACKETVER
	#define PACKETVER 20180307
#endif

#ifndef PACKETVER_RE
	#if PACKETVER > 20151104
		#define PACKETVER_RE
	#endif
#endif

#if PACKETVER >= 20110817
	/// Comment to disable the official packet obfuscation support.
	/// This requires PACKETVER 2011-08-17 or newer.
	#ifndef PACKET_OBFUSCATION
		#define PACKET_OBFUSCATION

Edited by dwlrma

3 hours ago, dwlrma said:

when changing packet version make sure you're not editing any other packet version except the first one. Only change the one that says 20180307 to your client date. It looks like you edited PACKETVER_RE which you shouldn't change (if I'm correct) so change it back to 20151104. My apologies that I cannot highlight things in code boxes so let me know if this is confusing you.

#ifndef PACKETVER
	#define PACKETVER 20180307
#endif

#ifndef PACKETVER_RE
	#if PACKETVER > 20151104
		#define PACKETVER_RE
	#endif
#endif

#if PACKETVER >= 20110817
	/// Comment to disable the official packet obfuscation support.
	/// This requires PACKETVER 2011-08-17 or newer.
	#ifndef PACKET_OBFUSCATION
		#define PACKET_OBFUSCATION

That's packets.h. I was talking about defines_pre.h. I changed it to that from this

// Copyright (c) rAthena Dev Teams - Licensed under GNU GPL
// For more information, see LICENCE in the main folder
#ifndef _CONFIG_CUSTOM_DEFINES_PRE_H_
#define _CONFIG_CUSTOM_DEFINES_PRE_H_

/**
 * rAthena configuration file (http://rathena.org)
 * For detailed guidance on these check http://rathena.org/wiki/SRC/config/
 **/

#endif // _CONFIG_CUSTOM_DEFINES_PRE_H_

My packets.h looked like yours except it says PACKETVER 20170614

2 hours ago, mknight91 said:

That's packets.h. I was talking about defines_pre.h. I changed it to that from this
My packets.h looked like yours except it says PACKETVER 20170614

Ah, my bad. Your defines_pre.h looks fine. I really don't know what's causing the connection issue. Usually recompiling/ diffing your client/ etc fix the issue. If you're able to, I would suggest pulling a fresh new copy from github and re-make your server from scratch. (sometimes we change things in the files without remembering) it helped me when I upgraded my client from 2015 to 2018. Hopefully someone else sees this and can help you. Sorry I couldn't fix your issue.

57 minutes ago, dwlrma said:

Ah, my bad. Your defines_pre.h looks fine. I really don't know what's causing the connection issue. Usually recompiling/ diffing your client/ etc fix the issue. If you're able to, I would suggest pulling a fresh new copy from github and re-make your server from scratch. (sometimes we change things in the files without remembering) it helped me when I upgraded my client from 2015 to 2018. Hopefully someone else sees this and can help you. Sorry I couldn't fix your issue.

No worries. Thank you for trying. Could I get a link of your 2018 client and configs? I can't pull clients from this site anymore.

8 minutes ago, mknight91 said:

No worries. Thank you for trying. Could I get a link of your 2018 client and configs? I can't pull clients from this site anymore.

Of course! Here's my client. I'll PM you my conf folder since It'll be a big file! If the client doesn't connect using my conf and client then there has to be an issue server side.

2018-03-07bRagexeRE_patched.exe

On 4/14/2018 at 7:57 PM, dwlrma said:

Of course! Here's my client. I'll PM you my conf folder since It'll be a big file! If the client doesn't connect using my conf and client then there has to be an issue server side.

2018-03-07bRagexeRE_patched.exe

Is that client diffed?

7 minutes ago, mknight91 said:

Is that client diffed?

Yes. Here's one that hasn't been diffed yet:

2018-03-07bRagexeRE.exe

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

On 4/15/2018 at 11:16 PM, dwlrma said:

Yes. Here's one that hasn't been diffed yet:

2018-03-07bRagexeRE.exe

I'm running into a very simmilar issue. I wonder if you would be able to help me with it ?

On 1/30/2021 at 10:20 AM, dias103 said:

I'm running into a very simmilar issue. I wonder if you would be able to help me with it ?

Pro tips:

• Don't resurrect old topics for no reason.
  • Literally -every- question related to what you need or how to do something with a client has been answered on these forums already.
  • There are several other questions in this topic that are not related to the original post. If you're gonna say you have a similar issue, perhaps explain which issue you're referring to?