Same ragEXE version, one can connect, one can't

TemplarOfTheMist

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31

Hello,

I just started making my own private server and I decided to have a VPS company setup the latest rAthena version. Now, I specified the Ragexe version of the client (2012-04-10aRagexeRE) and they gave me a DIFFd client already. It connects seamlessly without a problem. But I wanted to change the brackets in the guild name (currently it's (Guild Title) instead of [Guild Title]) so I just downloaded a clean 2012-4-10a version and DIFF'd it. My new version can't connect anymore.

I didn't change anything yet Server Side, same with the clientinfo. Because the provided one still works.

Now, I logged a ticket asking for what they used to DIFF and what did they DIFF. They answered they used NEMO (same with me) and they attached a clean RagexeRE and their NEMO DIFF log. I tried using both of it and it still won't connect. (I'm assuming the guy who set up the server isn't the same guy who replied to my ticket)

Is there any way I can just manually HEX the current working client to just be the standard font (see attachment)/bracket, or is there a way to figure out what's causing my failed to connect issue? I would really like to diff my own version of the client.

Thank you so much.

Sample photo.png

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1137

Try this

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  31

6 minutes ago, Cyro said:

Try this

Hello,

I was able to create guilds with spaces without your linked solution. See attached: My Nickame was still set to (). I'd like it to be [ ] 

I would like to set showname 2 as default as well. How do you do that?

Thanks!

Test.png