Mob idle custom Label

danielps

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  174

Hi guys,

I need to create a custom label that will atach on mob when it saty in idle mode (when it's jsutwalking in map without fighint anyone).

We have OnPCKillEvento, so mine would be something like OnMobIdleEvent.

So i have some questions aboult creating this label.

1- Will it use lot of memory and processor of my host? Cause there are lots os mobs alive in all maps
2- maybe there is a way to create this label and atach only when mobs get idle, like if it's in idle don't atache, but if he is fighinting some player and it get idle then it will atach, i think it's better, and will not consume memory and processor is it possible to create that label in this way?
3- how to start creating this label? what files i need to study, what is the first step? 

I need a direction.. please help ??

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

The method you use depends on what you'll be using it for. It may well be less resource heavy to just alter the default stats and behaviour of mobs and then let them continue being normal when they are attacked or begin chasing. If that makes sense.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  174

18 minutes ago, Akkarin said:

The method you use depends on what you'll be using it for. It may well be less resource heavy to just alter the default stats and behaviour of mobs and then let them continue being normal when they are attacked or begin chasing. If that makes sense.

Ok, so i'll explain detailed what i'm doing...
I'm creating a Moba sistem, like dota and league of legends...

I did some src changed so that bg mobs can atack each other, so now with bg commands i can creat 2 teams, and "creeps" or "minions" of both team, and when they see each other, o mob of team 1, see a mob of team 2 they fight, without my src change bg mobs don't atack each other even they are from different teams...
ok but now, what's the problem? when them stop fighting, let's supos that mob from team 1 kill a mob from team 2, now my mob from team 1 is idl, it lost my commands...

got it? what i really need is, when a mob finishes his fight, he continue walking in this path to the next tower..

got it? So i think i need this label, or can you think a way to do that withou a custom label? i'm stuck in this situation =/