Hiting 1 in all mobs!!

danielps

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  174

I'm hitting 1 in any mob with fisical physical damage.

Skills works normaly, but when hiting with swords, fisical damage, hit only 1.

I tried many jobs, high str, all hit 1...

Only with high luk (critical) the damage is higher than 1, or with skills are higher than 1 as well..

Any ideia? 

Edited by Stolao
typo really bothered me....

7 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  813

99% sure you are using the renewal database on a pre-renewal compile.

3 hours ago, Playtester said:

99% sure you are using the renewal database on a pre-renewal compile.

Yyeesssss
Can't i use mobs and maps from re with src compiled in pre-re?

I compiled pre-re but i did this:

I think its const.h don't remember...

#ifndef RENEWAL
    map_reloadnpc_sub("npc/re/scripts_main.conf");
#else
    map_reloadnpc_sub("npc/pre-re/scripts_main.conf");
#endif

So my src is compiled in pre-re but it s reading re, cause re there are many mobs and maps you know...

Can you help? Do u know how to fix? Or there aren't any way to compile in pre-re and use re mobs?

Its cause re structure is diferrent? maybe modifynd src? or adaptding my db ?

Sorry for bad english i'm from brazil =/

Thankkss !!

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141

Because renewal mobs have >100 Defense, which in pre-renewal means it receives 100% less damage. You need to change the mob's stats.

• Upvote 1

Yes, you can't just use the renewal monster stats with pre-renewal.

Instead use pre-renewal mob_db and then slowly copy over the monsters that are only in the re file and give them appropriate stats for pre-renewal. That includes reducing their DEF (you can use the attached converter to find out a comparable pre-renewal DEF value), reducing the level (reduce by ~30), increasing the ATK and increasing the Base Exp and Job Exp (base more than job).

prerenewal.zip

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Nitrous said:

Because renewal mobs have >100 Defense, which in pre-renewal means it receives 100% less damage. You need to change the mob's stats.

1 hour ago, Playtester said:

Yes, you can't just use the renewal monster stats with pre-renewal.

Instead use pre-renewal mob_db and then slowly copy over the monsters that are only in the re file and give them appropriate stats for pre-renewal. That includes reducing their DEF (you can use the attached converter to find out a comparable pre-renewal DEF value), reducing the level (reduce by ~30), increasing the ATK and increasing the Base Exp and Job Exp (base more than job).

prerenewal.zip

OK guys, but the rpbolem is... Thara are lots of mobs in re...
If i need to change one by one, it will take me some weeks...

What if i change the src? Like, you guys said 100>def = 100% less damage, right? So if i change src to a higher value of def like renewall? Will it affect any other machanics of the game? And do you guys know where to modify that? Or do you have a better ideia or solution?

Thanks a lot guys ! 

Well the main problem I see is that if you just take the renewal database you will have all monster stats completely different to what pre-renewal had. Even if you somehow converted the stats.

So the first question is, do your players really want that? All monster stats changed from what they are used to? Like Desert Wolf becoming one of the hardest monsters in the game?

Renewal stats go also along with a lot of spawn changes so it wouldn't make much sense to use renewal monsters stats without the renewal spawns too.

You wouldn't need to do them one-by-one though. Learn to use a spreadsheet program, then you could write a formula and apply it to all lines. Or as you said change the code so you do the calculation when reading in the database files.

But first you probably want to clear up if you really want to use (converted) renewal stats on all monsters.

Edit: The next problem would be the drops, they drop renewal items what should happen with those? Some drop rates are also too extrem in pre-renewal like Banaspaty dropping Elunium to 15% on 1x rates. That would totally ruin the pre-re economy.

It's better to think about each monster individually.

Edited by Playtester
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Playtester said:

Well the main problem I see is that if you just take the renewal database you will have all monster stats completely different to what pre-renewal had. Even if you somehow converted the stats.

So the first question is, do your players really want that? All monster stats changed from what they are used to? Like Desert Wolf becoming one of the hardest monsters in the game?

Renewal stats go also along with a lot of spawn changes so it wouldn't make much sense to use renewal monsters stats without the renewal spawns too.

You wouldn't need to do them one-by-one though. Learn to use a spreadsheet program, then you could write a formula and apply it to all lines. Or as you said change the code so you do the calculation when reading in the database files.

But first you probably want to clear up if you really want to use (converted) renewal stats on all monsters.

Edit: The next problem would be the drops, they drop renewal items what should happen with those? Some drop rates are also too extrem in pre-renewal like Banaspaty dropping Elunium to 15% on 1x rates. That would totally ruin the pre-re economy.

It's better to think about each monster individually.

Ok thanks.. i'm writing a program in JAVA to modify lvl, hp/sp, and def =D
Thanks and like !