Maximum Job/Base Level issues

wlauton

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22

So... Been off a long time doing this shit (yeah), I see that everything has changed (again, cof...), so... Basically I'm trying to change the base/job lvl to 300/150, and I've done the following:

* map.h

define max lvl = 1000

THATS OK

* job_exp.txt (in renewal db, of COURSE)

Here, I've changed the first number (max lvl) to what I desire, in both Base/Job (aka 300/150) in every line.

It's OK as well...

* My renewal.h is ok AS WELL, again...

* max_lvl/ aura_lv (client.conf)

also OK

It's everything fine, but... I can't go any higher than 175 with 3rd and so, and 99 with 2nd and trans...

Also, I'm getting those erros in mapserver...

post-35526-0-48007000-1464651108_thumb.png

4 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  816

You need to either put the required exp values you want for levels above the official level or use the premade import file I prepared. After compile it should automatically be available in your import folder and look like this:

https://github.com/rathena/rathena/blob/master/db/import-tmpl/job_exp.txt

Follow the instruction at the top of the file.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  208

Did you edit also the?

scr/battle.c

{ "max_lv",                             &battle_config.max_lv,                          300,     0,      MAX_LEVEL,            },
    { "aura_lv",                            &battle_config.aura_lv,                         300,     0,      INT_MAX,        },

Then compile?.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22

Did you edit also the?

scr/battle.c

{ "max_lv",                             &battle_config.max_lv,                          300,     0,      MAX_LEVEL,            },

{ "aura_lv",                            &battle_config.aura_lv,                         300,     0,      INT_MAX,        },

Then compile?.

YES, I did.

Thanks anw.

You need to either put the required exp values you want for levels above the official level or use the premade import file I prepared. After compile it should automatically be available in your import folder and look like this:

https://github.com/rathena/rathena/blob/master/db/import-tmpl/job_exp.txt

Follow the instruction at the top of the file.

Please, enjoy all my love, you solved it.

Funny thing that my bf was trying to do this, but hell no, it was too hard to figure out. And I have to say: why they changed that shit to be soooooo complicated?JEEZ! xD

Anyway, thank you for your support, and I loved the way you just put that in 4 sections. ^_^

xoxo

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  816

Main reasons to remove the exp requirements from the default file is:

1. It's easier to work with as it's a small file. So when official updates come (higher max level), it's easier to update and to compare with previous version.

2. There is no pattern for required EXP from Gravity and depending on what the max level is, a different EXP curve might be better. So it should be left to the server owners to design their EXP curve as suitable.

3. With a spreadsheet program it really doesn't take longer than two minutes to define an EXP curve, so I don't see the necessity of rAthena to support that by default when it just means more work for the devs that should rather concentrate on implementing official features.