flux DNS not found!

Santafe

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  325

Hey everyone, i just installed wamp and got the phpmyadmin to work. I pasted the fluxcp file in the "www" folder inside wamp. when i open it on my browser at localhost and click on fluxcp file i get a page that says "flux DNS address could not be found" and "The site cant be reached" . all database usernames and pass have been set perfectly but i donno y it isnt working :( plz help asap :/

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

Make sure you open port :80 at your modem/router via port fowarding 

Also, dont open skype when u start wamp. Skype will use port : 80 thus it will make your localhost web not working.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  325

Make sure you open port :80 at your modem/router via port fowarding 

Also, dont open skype when u start wamp. Skype will use port : 80 thus it will make your localhost web not working.

i dont have skype. tried it and still no avail :( the localhost works. its just that fluxcp folder doesnt work. i click and the installation doesnt come its just a error page where it says site cannot be reached and DNS not found

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24

Erm, can you use xampp instead of wamp? Try uninstall wamp and install xampp software. After that i can help you check by remoting your desktop using teamviewer

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

It sounds like the installer is forwarding you to the wrong location. Check config/application.php:

'ServerAddress'				=> 'localhost',				// This value is the hostname:port under which Flux runs. (e.g., example.com or example.com:80)
'BaseURI'				=> '',					// The base URI is the base web root on which your application lies.