About a Server.

Light

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  49

Hello everybody, Eucli here. Just want your opinions on my said question

What makes you wanna play a 255/120 Pre-renewal server?

And what do you wanna see in a said server (Like Events, items, Balanced?)

Thanks... Need your honest opinions. 

P.S. Currently I'm making server and i just want to have a server that is fun, enjoyable, and not boring server. Thank you!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

Hi Eucli ^^

I much prefer "BALANCE" even if you load up your server with "every 10 secs. Event" if the server is unbalance in GVG/PVP, everyone else got bored

Quest - Mostly Highrate servers has it. (Make them do something after they reach 255/120)

Items - It only come up unbalancing the gameplay (Unless its Event headgear w/o bonuses) custom weapons gives a lot advantages to normal weapons, so if you come up of having it, you must balance its bonuses thru each player it can hit.

** OT:

I dont know if there is some server around that has unbalance PVE and balance PVP. Almost all games that "I" (me) played cant have balance between those two (PVE/PVP) with a single set of items

Hi Eucli ^^

I much prefer "BALANCE" even if you load up your server with "every 10 secs. Event" if the server is unbalance in GVG/PVP, everyone else got bored

Quest - Mostly Highrate servers has it. (Make them do something after they reach 255/120)

Items - It only come up unbalancing the gameplay (Unless its Event headgear w/o bonuses) custom weapons gives a lot advantages to normal weapons, so if you come up of having it, you must balance its bonuses thru each player it can hit.

** OT:

I dont know if there is some server around that has unbalance PVE and balance PVP. Almost all games that "I" (me) played cant have balance between those two (PVE/PVP) with a single set of items

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it. Well as far as i am concern in PVE, Yes High rate server this days disregards MVP monsters but i already edited mine so they can have challenging bosses with awesome rewards.

The only problem i am thinking is the economy and how can i make the players stay on my server if i put it up. Well thanks for the reply again! :)

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20

Thank you for your comment, I appreciate it. Well as far as i am concern in PVE, Yes High rate server this days disregards MVP monsters but i already edited mine so they can have challenging bosses with awesome rewards.

The only problem i am thinking is the economy and how can i make the players stay on my server if i put it up. Well thanks for the reply again! :)

About the economy. Create a certain item (1 is enough) that rolls all over your server. 

Lets say [Your server's] Unique token:[Only available thru donates]

Make it like 100m zeny per piece for example.

It can be traded into donate item or impossibly obtained quest item.

In this way, donator and non-donator can be able to start an economical cycle not just thru zeny. (zennies can be earned thru lots of sellable items)

Example of this:

A donator having 100 pcs. token (can't farm) and a non-donator (farmer) that sell his Lord of death card for 100 token, then they have the transaction. Now the non-donator can buy donates by trading his tokens (Which is rather be from Donates).

OT:

Im trying to create a script (like Stocks exchange in real life) where it can obtain the total amounts of Donate source (item/headgear/weapon/means of trade) and Total zeny earned of all players

Gives them a server bonus like level 10 OC and DC so you can retain the balance.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  374

The thing that drives me to play 255/100 (or 255/120) serves is the good contents of the server and the balance of the items.

@content:

1. Quests - For me it doesn't really matter how easy / hard the quest is as long as the difficulty of the item requirements rhymes with the

quest product.

2. Custom Jobs - Not really necessary but i would love to try customized jobs.

3. Challenge / Thrill - This is somehow very important to me as this is my motivation on playing a server.

@balance:

This is the most or probably the main issue on 255 servers, you have high aspd, spammable skills and high damage / hp pool. And because it's a high rate server, people always expect OP effects of items (e.g stats +10 - 15, 30% damage, 20% reduction etc etc) which is just very wrong if I'm to ask.

Anyway, all of what I've said was based to my experiences, and to summarize it, I'm suggesting you to keep the customization to minimum specially the balancing.

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

In my point of view, I dont really care about balance, since 255 is actually overpowered server after all.

If you are looking for suggestion or what other people would like to see.... you can refer this

• Dont shutdown server after few months/years and reopen a new for fun .
  • Dont shutdown server after sucked enough money from players, so that you can go shopping.
  • GM/Staffs shouldnt interfere player's gameplay.
  • No Racism/Bias isue in game
  • Stop spoonfeed with whatever freebie pack or guild pack or whatever packs you have there.

Thank you for your replies sir Emistry and Scylla. 

I take note on your opinions. I hate to say this but having a 255 server is pretty challenging because of balancing. 

I'm worried also on the people i will hire in the future, so i guess i need to take my server on myself from now.

TBH, Sir emistry, i hate spoonfeeding people or seeing some gm spoon feed their people.

I take my items pretty balanced and quite challenging scylla, i develop a system for balancing items as such. since i have a huge playtime of ragnarok and playing diff kinds of server (From 99/150/255/1000).