Sounds settings

Nagad

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  54

Hi

I got a problem: when I modifiy the sounds settings ingame, if I change map they automatically switch back as they were before (using the OpenSetup value instead).

So I found this: https://rathena.org/...ly/#entry231918 where Sktolex says to modify this: data/luafiles514/lua files/optioninfo/optioninfo_f.lub to solve the problem.

Do you think should I do that? Will this trick solve my issue or it will break something else?

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1443

Hi

I got a problem: when I modifiy the sounds settings ingame, if I change map they automatically switch back as they were before (using the OpenSetup value instead).

So I found this: https://rathena.org/...ly/#entry231918 where Sktolex says to modify this: data/luafiles514/lua files/optioninfo/optioninfo_f.lub to solve the problem.

Do you think should I do that? Will this trick solve my issue or it will break something else?

it could help, when in doubt, make a backup then try something so should you mess it up you can just open backup

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  54

I did not tried it because someone told me that it is not a good solution, but after few experiments I understood where my problem is:

Modifying the audio settings with RO Open Setup, I noticed that it modifies the OptionInfo.lua file (the one in the savedata folder) only, it doesn't touch the System folder at all. Values are saved correctly (BGM and Effect).

Then I opened the game, everything was fine. So RO Open Setup is doing his job properly. 

Then I changed the BGM / Effect volumes ingame and I closed the game. Checking the OptionInfo.lua again, only the Effect volume was correctly saved, the BGM was still exactly like before I opened the game.

So the Client is using the same file to write/read the user settings (OptionInfo.lua file in the savedata folder), but it is unable to write the BGM volume value.

I'm using:

Client: 2014-04-16a

Open Setup version: 2.11.5.396

System folder fresh downloaded from: https://github.com/R...e/master/System

savedata folder original from kRO Full Client 2014-08-22 (updated with RO Patcher Lite 2.4.7.657)

I have no idea how to solve this.

Edited by Nagad