Japanese filenames

Scylla

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  374

Hello,

So yeah I'm having trouble with japanese sprite filenames and i wanted to ask if there's a tool that can convert japanese filename into korean unicode filename like unbollox does, tried searching lots of times on google and i guess i just dunno what's the correct word to input -_-

Additionally i can't also view them on the sprite conviewer and the client doesn't read them as well.

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  664

950 is "Chinese", what you're looking for is 932 (Japanese).

To convert the file names with GRF Editor, set your encoding to 932, create a new empty GRF, add your files in it, save it, then go back in the encoding and put it back to whichever you prefer.

Edit : don't use an existing GRF when changing to japanese's encoding; if you have some Korean characters in it they may not get translated properly when saving.

Edited by Tokei
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  162
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  745

Hello,

So yeah I'm having trouble with japanese sprite filenames and i wanted to ask if there's a tool that can convert japanese filename into korean unicode filename like unbollox does, tried searching lots of times on google and i guess i just dunno what's the correct word to input -_-

Additionally i can't also view them on the sprite conviewer and the client doesn't read them as well.

try grf editor Edited by DrewxD

Hello,

try grf editor

I actually tried doing this one:

https://rathena.org/board/topic/77080-grf-grf-editor/

making the encoding into 950 but i think it didn't work.

950 is "Chinese", what you're looking for is 932 (Japanese).

To convert the file names with GRF Editor, set your encoding to 932, create a new empty GRF, add your files in it, save it, then go back in the encoding and put it back to whichever you prefer.

Edit : don't use an existing GRF when changing to japanese's encoding; if you have some Korean characters in it they may not get translated properly when saving.

Oh damn it what a noob of me, i didn't read that codepage you posted in there, thank you very much i got it now.