Character Codification of itemInfo.lua

Tales

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  163
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  319

Some user of Ruindows (windows) are getting some trouble with character codification.
I mean... some itens of this user are unknow item or X Error item.

Do you know what's the codification of itemInfo? I'm user of notepad++. In other words a dont have this issue

10 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46

unknown items: item_db.txt (server side)

x error item: client side. lua files.

• Upvote 1

No!
I dont have any trouble with itens, but my user have.

It's only itemInfo.lua file issues...and i dont know what's the correctly codification for windows default notepad.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  666

The 'codification', you mean the file encoding I presume? Before I go on, I'd like to mention that files do not belong to any particular encoding, that part is entirely up to the text editor you're using. In the case of Notepad++, the encoding is guessed once you open the file, and it defaults to UTF-8 if it can't identify it.

The issue is most likely on your end though; you must select a compatible encoding when editing the file otherwise you'll break the character associations. Any 8-bit encodings will work without issues (such as windows-1252, "ANSI", etc). You should use the "original" encoding of the file if possible, which is 949 (windows-949). As long as you don't use UTF-8, you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

You are Correct. However, I try to format and convert to other encondings but without success...
Look... Users that are using notepad++ as default dont get any error...now the others get... (The others are the users that user windows default notepad)

What do you suggest?

The 'codification', you mean the file encoding I presume? Before I go on, I'd like to mention that files do not belong to any particular encoding, that part is entirely up to the text editor you're using. In the case of Notepad++, the encoding is guessed once you open the file, and it defaults to UTF-8 if it can't identify it.

The issue is most likely on your end though; you must select a compatible encoding when editing the file otherwise you'll break the character associations. Any 8-bit encodings will work without issues (such as windows-1252, "ANSI", etc). You should use the "original" encoding of the file if possible, which is 949 (windows-949). As long as you don't use UTF-8, you'll be fine.

Edited by Tales

You are Correct. However, I try to format and convert to other encondings but without success...

Look... Users that are using notepad++ as default dont get any error...now the others get... (The others are the users that user windows default notepad)

What do you suggest?

Hm, well it's somewhat troublesome to tell you what to do without the actual file (could you upload it?). Otherwise, please take a screenshot of your file, opened with Notepad++ and make sure to grab the bottom right part as well, to show your current encoding.

Yes, i can!
Wait a momment...

What do you suggest?

Hm, well it's somewhat troublesome to tell you what to do without the actual file (could you upload it?). Otherwise, please take a screenshot of your file, opened with Notepad++ and make sure to grab the bottom right part as well, to show your current encoding.

Look the itemInfo.lua on default windows notepad (it's cause error) 

[2207] = {
unidentifiedDisplayName = "Accessory",
unidentifiedResourceName = "²É",
unidentifiedDescriptionName = {
"Unknown Item, can be identified by [Magnifier]."
},
identifiedDisplayName = "Fancy Flower",
identifiedResourceName = "Àå½Ä¿ë²É",
identifiedDescriptionName = {
"A floral decoration",
"used to adorn the head. Reduces damage from",
"Plant monsters by 10%.",
"Class: ^777777Headgear^000000",
"Defense: ^7777770^000000",
"Location: ^777777Upper^000000",
"Peso: ^77777710^000000",
"Jobs: ^777777All^000000"
},
slotCount = 0,
ClassNum = 4
},

Look the itemInfo.lua on notepad++ (it's dont cause erro) 

[2207] = {
unidentifiedDisplayName = "Accessory",
unidentifiedResourceName = "꽃",
unidentifiedDescriptionName = {
"Unknown Item, can be identified by [Magnifier]."
},
identifiedDisplayName = "Fancy Flower",
identifiedResourceName = "장식용꽃",
identifiedDescriptionName = {
"A floral decoration",
"used to adorn the head. Reduces damage from",
"Plant monsters by 10%.",
"Class: ^777777Headgear^000000",
"Defense: ^7777770^000000",
"Location: ^777777Upper^000000",
"Peso: ^77777710^000000",
"Jobs: ^777777All^000000"
},
slotCount = 0,
ClassNum = 4
},

@itemInfo.lua
https://mega.co.nz/#!sY12RIpa!MIgwhUF9MaDrPwsHngeCelGovOhlt9hCdKuXea4-STA

Edited by Tales

A screenshot is more helpful then copy pasting text, as it doesn't say what encoding your text is in. That being said, at first glance, the file looks fine to me. On the windows Notepad++, it appears as if it's reading the file as "ANSI" (which is fine). Just change the encoding with Encoding > Character sets > Korean > Windows 949 and it will look the same as what you see below.

Edit : maybe I misread your first post actually. Are you using Notepad++ on Windows or not? If you're not, then... you should use it! The default Notepad of Windows only handles ASCII characters as far as I know and... it's pretty bad to edit anything really.

Edit2 : yep, your file isn't corrupted (that was my initial guess) and there are no issues at all with it. You just need to open it up with Notepad++ on Windows and change the encoding to your needs.

Edited by Tokei
  • Upvote 1

Sorry... No Effect...

A screenshot is more helpful then copy pasting text, as it doesn't say what encoding your text is in. That being said, at first glance, the file looks fine to me. On the windows Notepad++, it appears as if it's reading the file as "ANSI" (which is fine). Just change the encoding with Encoding > Character sets > Korean > Windows 949 and it will look the same as what you see below.

Edit : maybe I misread your first post actually. Are you using Notepad++ on Windows or not? If you're not, then... you should use it! The default Notepad of Windows only handles ASCII characters as far as I know and... it's pretty bad to edit anything really.

Edit2 : yep, your file isn't corrupted (that was my initial guess) and there are no issues at all with it. You just need to open it up with Notepad++ on Windows and change the encoding to your needs.

@EDIT

Now am i got this erro...
I can see description of the item (right mouse button) in ALT+Q. But, if i try to do this on inventory i got gravity erro... What the Hell is going on?

Hmm... well I'm not sure what to tell you now really! It's working fine over here :

FqZWDEe.gif

It loads fine ingame too.

Edited by Tokei
  • Upvote 1

I do exactly what you do... but no effects on enconding...

Additional Information

I'm using bRO data.grf. When i try kRO data.grf i got no erros but the itens of bRO dissappers (empty img)