Is there a way to prevent use on a specific map?

Peopleperson49

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

Is there a way to prevent an item from being used, dropped, traded, stored, or anything else on a specific map? I understand how item_treade, item_noequip, and item_nouse works, but they don't quite do what I need. I want a way that prevents a player from doing anything with an item on a specific map only. Like a mapflag or something. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2044

why not just create a new item ID ?

if use on an event script, usually we create a new item ID and limited that item with \db\ files

that item is only usable in the map (by modifying script field of that ID) and place limitations with item_noequip and such

otherwise, share what's the idea of the script you're working on

I never write a script that needs to specifically makes an existing item id and make it only work in 1 event script ...

I made a dynamic mall script that give the player the items and then they take them to the counter to pay for them. Its very cool however it is a major exploit until I can prevent any items available there from being used, dropped, or stored in any way. If there was a mapflag to prevent any item from being used, dropped, traded, stored, or anything else it would be awesome. Or if the item restriction limited trading and dropping also. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

getitembound ?

character bound I think

Thanks for the reply. I saw that command before and I even use it for some of my daily freebies, but it allows some stuff to be stored and even traded (which is kind of the same as dropping it). I need a command that prevents any use, dropping, storing, or trading on a certain map. My suggestion would be to make a new db document like item_noremove. It would prevent dropping, storing, or trading and work just like item_nouse when the restriction mapflag is set for that zone. Or modify the item_nouse somehow (which would probably be the best option). I still can't figure out the pull request so making that is way above me! Thanks.

Peopleperson49

[paste=5m1e102vo5aj]

can you please try for me, issit after patch, nobody can trade anymore even on the map without noitemtrade mapflag ?

I couldn't find the problem though

... or maybe I'm using outdated client ... <.<

Edited by AnnieRuru

I really really appreciate the time your taking to try to get this to work. That looks like a very good mapflag and I will install it and give it a shot, but it goes back to my original problem. I don't want to restrict the use of storage, trading, etc completely from the entire map. I need to make it so you can't use, store, trade, or drop specific items on that map. Since I'm using custom maps for most of my mall this might actually work overall. Any change you can do a pull request and have it added to the svn for everybody to use? Thanks again.

Peopleperson49