2012-04-10 cannot connect without clientinfo.xml in Data folder, even was diffed without Read Data Folder first

Zirius

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

Hello! I am using 20120410 client. At my local dev, it works great, where I have clientinfo.xml inside data folder. But after diffing another client for public, disabling "Read Data Folder First", the client produced can't connect to server, its font changed, and keeps getting Authentication Failed (5011) on first try. After that, always rejected.

Anyone knows how to diff correctly, or what might be cause of the problem?

Thanks!

And evidently, it can only connect if there is clientinfo.xml in my data folder.

But I know, it is also reading my custom grf because the custom items are showing.

Edited by Zirius

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  493

since you diabled read data folder first patch, see to it that your client.grfs has clientinfo.xml inside, and since you want to open it to the public check your public i.p if its the same with the ip in your clieninfo.xml (inside your grf). dont forget to +1 if it helps

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23

since you diabled read data folder first patch, see to it that your client.grfs has clientinfo.xml inside, and since you want to open it to the public check your public i.p if its the same with the ip in your clieninfo.xml (inside your grf). dont forget to +1 if it helps

Yes, pretty sure those files and changes where done.

So any other thoughts why?