Server "Needs"

Pneuma

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  846

Hey everyone, I played RO from 2004 until 2012 and then quit playing...In my eight years of playing I made many attempts to make a server because I never found one that would suit me. However most of them failed because while I knew how to manage a server and edit one, I never learned how to or was able to get a host, website, and all that for a proper server because I didnt have the money to pay for it.

Well I'm back again to take another shot at it. I'm currently looking for any information that could help me properly get a server on a host with a Control Panel and Patcher. Here is a small list of what I would like:

1. Dedicated Host Options for stability and cost

2. Control Panel Option based on features pros/cons

3. Recommended Patcher based on effectiveness and customization

4. Website host for forums/website and possible Domain name options

5. Any other important information that I would need to get my server up and running.

While I'm able to script, edit server configs, add custom items, maps, and do most things clientsided except for Spriting; I'm unable to do the required information such as actually hosting it :x

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143

Hello,

1. Dedicated Host Options for stability and cost

Atleast a 512MB RAM VPS Linux Centos will be great. you can upgrade resources once you get a decent player like 100-300 and so on..

2. Control Panel Option based on features pros/cons

Flux Control Panel is the most being used by now.. because its more secured? or easy to use/configure also..

3. Recommended Patcher based on effectiveness and customization

Thor patcher.. easy to use and easy to configure as well.. and you can see many free themes to use.. on our rAthena downloads

4. Website host for forums/website and possible Domain name options

For website just a normal webhosting is fine.. but you need a big bandwidth if you add patch every day. so you wont get exceeded on your bandwidth easily.

note: not all hosting accepts connection from VPS (mysql) that can cause .. OFFLINE DISPLAY of FLUX server status..

5. Any other important information that I would need to get my server up and running.

you need to know how you will manage your vps and server .. for security purposes..

and please be ready with ddos attack.. since its everywhere nowadays

• Upvote 1