Solutions to stuff newbies like me face!

Santafe

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  325

Ok guyz ive been off the internet fr solving my many rathena errors which I know newbies like me will also suffer with so the topics ill be takin abt is the topics I had problems with (which is the custom items) so here goes: In adding items usual things faced is the item not showing ingame though it has been equippd. SOLUTION: well for me id say it was cuz the view id wasnt being read by iteminfo.lub and well I noticed that in custom wiki it says delete lub files of accid and accname and then compile lua. I failed miserably here HELL I made my server crash . Since I didnt find the solution I movd frm rathena to eathena and to hercules as well!. Fact was I found the solution at hercules. Themons 7.8.2013 full client has iteminfo lub file which u can just rename to lua instead of decompiling lub. And when compiling accid and accname note that u should bring back the lub files u deleted and then remove lua files. Heres the order if u didnt understand: remove accid.lub and accname.lub>> create shortcut of luac and compile like wiki says >> delete the accid and accname.lua and bring back the lub files which u deleted b4. Works like a charm.

For system folder issues its the same thing. I had problems wid towninfo monstersize effect and option info. In the data translation revision 73 the system folder has lua files and not lub. In this file we just need to rename option info town info and monster size to lub and rest shld stay as lua. And by renaming I DONT mean compiling just simple open and rename. If u dont wanna do this just get Themons full client its the perfect thing. So these are the problems I faced and the solutions I got. So hope I helpd. NOTE: btw I donno y but server doesnt read headgears with item ID more than 37150 I think so find empty spaces available before 32000. Hope I helped noobs around here like me. Read this again and SLOWLYif u dnt understand at first. I just had problems wid custom items so this is the solutions I found after 3 weeks of trial and error courtesy of themons full client and my own experimenting xD Hope I helped guyz. Cheers!