eAthena to rAthena?

Kami675

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  90

Hello my friend owns a server and is using eAthena but wants to switch to rAthena is there a way to do this? I heard I need to go to my update files and execute the updates but does this switch it to rAthena? wouldn't this just update the eAthena files to a later eAthena? Also, would this cause any loss of data? The reason he's changing is because he's using a 2010 client and he wants larger headgear views to add more custom items so he wants to use the 2012-04-10a client for the 30k headgear views.

p.s. If you can, please post a step by step guide on how to update. Idk how to execute the sql files within the sql folder  to help him.

thanks in advance

- Kris

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  410

If you're using tortoiseSVN for eathena, first create a patch file that contains all of your custom changes.

Then, download rathena.  Open the patch and you have to manually reapply all of the changes.  There is no eathena -> rathena conversion that I know of.  It has to be done manually.