[suggestion] instance respawn point

Deity

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  93

instance respawn point

similar to battlegrounds respawn point

*waitingroom2bg("<map name>",<x>,<y>,"<On Quit Event>","<On Death Event>"{,"<NPC Name>"});

<map name>,<x>,<y> refer to where the "respawn" base is, where the player group will respawn when they die.

Edited by Skymomo

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

I don't see any particular uses for this that would be generally beneficial (a notable difference: Battlegrounds officially changes your respawn point; instances do not). If you someone could provide example usages, that'd be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

Well, in this case, what about the Endless Tower. Now I do understand that ET is an official instance, where when you die, you either wait to be revived or go back to your SavePoint, and then pay to re-enter. But, it would be alot easier, to just change their save point to the first floor, during the duration of the instance. Now being that ET is an official instance, this obviously wouldn't be needed.

However if we are to do this, perhaps something similar to a Temp SavePoint if it's possible, one that will only activate when they are apart of an instance, or more specifically in an instanced map. This is so, if they leave the instance (still apart of the instanced party) they can die freely and return to their original spawn point and not the Instanced one. In other words, an instanced SavePoint will only work while in an instanced map (like I specified earilier..repeats xD).

Example:

Original Spawn Point = Prontera.

Join an instance and etner it.

New Temp Spawn Point = Entrance Coordinates / Instanced Mapname.

Upon Death

- If player dies inside an active instance: Respawn at Temp Spawn Point

- If player dies outside of instance: Respawn at Orginal Spawn Point.

- If player dies inside an active instance (but not apart of the instanced party - shouldn't be possible -): Respawn at Original Spawn Point

As far as I can see, this would be the only practical way to do this. Otherwise, we could get errors, because if we " offcially change " their spawn point to the instanced map, if they leave the party by: /leave command, there would be no way to change their savepoint back, aside from loadmapevent and crosscheck between a stored variable to see if StoreVariable was an instanced map.

At anyrate, I am all for this idea, but only if it is done right. The last thing we want to do is, do it half assed, and have people complain that their players are getting errors, because maps don't exist, because they didn't change their spawn points back to ' Prontera ' or something from the instanced map.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

@GmOcean, like what I imagined.

It's a nice idea. Anyone working/have this?