• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97

Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1'

10 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  1702

You should elaborate more on your problem. Perhaps you can post your configuration? ( inter_athena, etc. )

• Topic Count:  47

map_athena.conf

userid: (my username in the database)

passwd: (my password in the database)

char_ip: (IP of my VPS)

map_ip: (IP of my VPS)

char_athena.conf

userid: (my username in the database)

passwd: (my password in the database)

char_ip: (IP of my VPS)
login_ip: (IP of my VPS)

inter_athena

sql.db_host name: 127.0.0.1 ( I've tried to put my host IP here but didnt work and is not stated in the tutorial i watched,

sql.db.port: 3306

sql.db_username: root

sql.db_password: (my root password)

sql.db_database: (database name)

same goes with my char_server_ip, map_server_ip, and log_db_ip

Edited by Z e r o

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764

Does the databse exist?

Does the account "root" exist?

Did you configure the privileges for account "root"?

Did you change the the server communication account (s1/p1) and forgot an occurrence?

Does the server communication account (s1/p1) exist in your "login" table?

Is the database located on the same machine as the RO server? (Otherwise 127.0.0.1 wont work.)

What does the error message tell?

Yes the database exist.

account root?

I havent configure the privileges ( I dont know how to do that ) XD

Yes i changed the s1/p1

I don't know where the database is located right know all i know is i can only access it using phpmyadmin in the ip given by the host ( i tried to change the 127.0.0.1 to my host address but it dont accept the ip )

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi Z e r o,

It's simple; just edit your '/conf/inter_athena.conf' and change the "127.0.0.1" values to "localhost". Save and run; it should work just fine. ;)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

127.0.0.1 and localhost are the same thing, both are pointing to the local computer, so you answer is completely pointless. Maybe you should think about your hosting service if you don't know the basics of computer systems. (I know, I sound harsh but it's the truth.)

account root?

After setting up your MySQL server you have to create a user which is used by the RO server to communicate with the MySQL server.

The account you created must have the proper privileges for your RO database to be able to select, edit and delete data. Most common way for newbie is to use the option "create database with same name and grant all privileges" (or something similar) when creating the user for the MySQL server. If you do so, you wont have to set up the privileges on your own.

Yes i changed the s1/p1

make sure you changes it in the config files and also in the "login" table of your database.

I don't know where the database is located right know all i know is i can only access it using phpmyadmin in the ip given by the host ( i tried to change the 127.0.0.1 to my host address but it dont accept the ip )

account root?

If your phpMyAdmin is accessable through 127.0.0.1 it's on the local computer.

127.0.0.1 and localhost are the same thing, both are pointing to the local computer, so you answer is completely pointless. Maybe you should think about your hosting service if you don't know the basics of computer systems. (I know, I sound harsh but it's the truth.)

account root?

After setting up your MySQL server you have to create a user which is used by the RO server to communicate with the MySQL server.

>>>>>>>>>>> 

The account you created must have the proper privileges for your RO database to be able to select, edit and delete data. Most common way for newbie is to use the option "create database with same name and grant all privileges" (or something similar) when creating the user for the MySQL server. If you do so, you wont have to set up the privileges on your own.

Yes i changed the s1/p1

make sure you changes it in the config files and also in the "login" table of your database.

account root?

Hi Kenpachi,

Really? I believe I know what I am talking about. Please Z e r o, confirm my answer has worked for you; because it's been known to resolve issues in regards to this in the past.

Your hostile attitude is irritable to people whom are here to help others, I would prefer you retract that statement. There is a difference the way 127.0.0.1 and localhost is handled, because of how it involves the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses. Also... I think for someone with an issue whom is hosted with AsuraHosting, the guys at AsuraHosting would be the best people to ask for resolution to the issue...

Hi Z e r o,

It's simple; just edit your '/conf/inter_athena.conf' and change the "127.0.0.1" values to "localhost". Save and run; it should work just fine. ;)

Thanks Asura it worked, finally!  :)

account root?

Yes i changed the s1/p1

account root?

account root?

Yes i changed the s1/p1

account root?

Thanks for the help kenpachi! :) 

Edited by Z e r o

Hi Z e r o,

Thanks Asura it worked, finally!  :)

Hi Z e r o,

Yeah, not a problem. 

@Kenpachi - "you answer is completely pointless. Maybe you should think about your hosting service if you don't know the basics of computer systems. (I know, I sound harsh but it's the truth.)" Completely pointless? Doubt it. Truth about what again? LOL.  /hmm

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  181

Some programs distinguish between localhost and 127.0.0.1. The MySQL client on Linux systems, for example: it uses sockets rather than TCP/IP to connect to "localhost", but it tries to establish a TCP/IP connection for "127.0.0.1".