Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18

Hi

i will try to explane my doubt

i've my "RO-Renewal server" and my forum 'PHPB3'

but i want to serve more games like 'ragnarok old times', 'flyff', 'wow' and probably 'the mana world'

but each game has your own SQL DB and phpbb too

it give me more than 4 registers for each player

i know for RO and 'mana world' (maybe) i can make it as sub-server using the same login db and same login server (maybe with same grf and hexed too)

how about the other games?

can i make a new DB and a new CP to "merge/integrate/generalize" the register?

how to do that? someone can give me one light here, please?

i don't know exactly the terms to search 'bout that on search engines

Edited by llbranco

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

If I'm not mistaken, when they register it's via online right? Well if that's the case, there is PHP code, that specifies what is to happen upon saying confirm/accept or w/e it is they press. Either way, it usually, just has it send information to a SQL DB, and then a query is run. You SHOULD be able to have it merely send the same information to all of your SQL DBs. While this won't solve your request to have only 1 DB. It should make it so they only need to register once, and thus all games, should have the same login information.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

i believe it's your NPC script problem....

perhap you are using query_sql and retrieve data...but didnt provide enough of variable to store the data...

• Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18

If I'm not mistaken, when they register it's via online right? Well if that's the case, there is PHP code, that specifies what is to happen upon saying confirm/accept or w/e it is they press. Either way, it usually, just has it send information to a SQL DB, and then a query is run. You SHOULD be able to have it merely send the same information to all of your SQL DBs. While this won't solve your request to have only 1 DB. It should make it so they only need to register once, and thus all games, should have the same login information.

how to do that?

can u send me some example?

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

Well, I can't give an exact example, because I'm not sure how your current registrations are coded. But it would be something similar to this, if using Flux CP. Seeing as how they deal with SQL DBs to store account information, there would most likely be something similar to what is listed HERE.

You'll see in that page that it sends a query to a SQL db with information they entered, all you should have to do, is add additional queries below it, to make it send the information to multiple DBs. Atleast this is how most games do it, when they make it so your GameAccount is the same for Forums. In retrospect, should be quite similar.

• Upvote 1