General question about no delay packet

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  87

I read a while back that people were editing their client files and such to get 0 delay on skills. My question is that isn't skill delay set by source? Why does editing client files effect delay?

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  270

Sprites are subject to certain "animation, frames when they use actions such as skills, walking etc". when you set skill delay to "0" on a server, the only delay stopping fast skill use is the animations of the sprite. When someone removes those animations from the sprite, they will be able to use skills almost to 0 delay because you put no delay on the server.

Example:

There is about 7-8 frames for a Wizard casting firebolt. Thats the animations it goes through to cast it.

If i disguise myself as a monster, monsters only have about 2-3 frames, which is half the time it takes to cast the spell due to animation delay.

If I set the server delay to 0, the monster sprite will then be able to cast firebolt twice as fast as a wizard.

By editing the wizard sprite and removing the attack animations, you can then eliminate those animations and spam fast

Edited by Jasc

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  87

If you took out the walking sprite would it also enable like 0 delay walking like super fast movement? And is there any way to stop this?

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  192

I read a while back that people were editing their client files and such to get 0 delay on skills. My question is that isn't skill delay set by source? Why does editing client files effect delay?

Some skill delays are set through source editing. An example would be the "Asura Strike" delay after using body relocation.

The client file you are talking about is merely just the sprite file of a certain job class. Each job sprite was made with a certain animation time length that would match their respective skills. Like how an assassin can only use "Sonic Blow" 1-3 consecutive times then gets a short delay.

Your best bet at the moment would be to use "harmony" on your server, so you can preserve the original delay settings of RO.