Client doesn't read .GRF.

Najara

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  404

Hey all. 

I have an issue that I've never experienced before. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I've done wrong. Because honestly I'm clueless

as this never caused any issues to me before. Could it be the client?

This is what I did;

I'm using the 2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe client, patched/diffed it properly (unchecked "Read Data Folder First") opened by DATA.ini and changed it into:

[Data]
0=Mygrf.grf
1=rdata.grf
2=data.grf

Then, I opened my client. It worked, but it did not read my .GRF, it was still reading my data folder. This is where I decided to rename my data folder.
After renaming my data folder, my client didn't open at all. Which is weird because the .GRF is my (functioning) data folder, but compressed. 
I've also tried to use Unbollox to translate it, in case that was the issue, but no result either.

All that is generally suppose to be enough to make it work, I've done it X amount of times and never failed before.

What could the cause be? 

--------------------------

I found someone has the exact same issue, but unfortunately his question never got answered: http://rathena.org/board/topic/81656-client-wont-start/?hl=%2Bread+%2B.grf#entry197519

Edit; Solved it. Apparently the client does not want to read the .lua and .eot files in your .GRF. Anyone who faces this problem:
First compress your GRF, then make a data folder that serves to read the .lua and .eot files and only. Try again and it should work.
Edited by Najara

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet