Advertising

Zeiyan

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  275

Hello guys. Most of us here are grateful to rathena for helping us in topics on source mods and scripting and other technical stuffs. :) I created this thread for people like me who are starting their own ragnarok private server. In my opinion its really easy and doable to edit stuffs server or client side. the major goal is "Population" ragnarok Onine has been around since around 2002 i think and there are players all over the world that developed passion for the game. thus creating their own servers. The problem is the truth that ragnarok is old. Players starts to play other MMORPG. :( I'd like people to post here on tips and tricks to get people interested in playing Ragnarok again. Ways to advertise, ways to make people know how enjoyable the game is. I've been advertising on several facebook groups (along with other server owners) There are paid advertising on different websites like the Top ragnarok sites and ratemyserver. Who else can give tips and tricks that can help beginners populate and invite people to their servers?

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  161

The best recommendation I can give is to make sure your server is accessible (several methods of download, full client, small client, perhaps even torrent), and have a few good guides available for new players.

Users that are unfamiliar with RO are a great untapped resource for server, but RO can be daunting to completely new players. Having a clear-cut "this is where you should be starting" guide should be available.

Old RO players know where to look for servers and generaly know what they're looking for, whereas a new player has no idea what the rates and differences between the servers mean.

Alter your server description on your site to explain (in simple terms) how things work, and what makes you stand out from other servers, and have some easy to navigate links available to resources for new players, and you could use any method of advertising that you want to attract newbies to your server.