Installation questions

ToiletMaster

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  276

Hi there guys,

I've yet to try CentOS in anyway and the Wiki is the main part of helping my way around CentOS as my hoster that i'm about to host with provides linux (Probably CentOS) for the OS.

I'm great with installations on windows however on the CentOS part on the wiki, it's stated that it's incomplete which gives me an uneasy feeling as i've yet to use that OS to try it over.

So my main question is, is the information that's provided in there sufficient enough to run the server without any errors?

Edit : added link : http://rathena.org/wiki/Installation_%28CentOS%29

Regards,

TM

Edited by ToiletMaster

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2223

The guide is mostly complete.

The section that's missing is after Installation_(CentOS)#Import_MySQL_Tables, you need to:

• set the MySQL user/pass in trunk/conf/inter_athena.conf
  • in MySQL (ragnarok.login table), change the default s1/p1 userid and password
  • then edit char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf with the new userid and password
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66

Pretty much the same thing with windows, basically. Before dipping in, try to understand the OS first (File Permissions, Hostnames, VI, Yum Repositories, stuffs like that) for you to understand what you are doing. Don't just blindly give commands to the machine.

So my main question is, is the information that's provided in there sufficient enough to run the server without any errors?

Yes. Well, maybe a few google search. (e/rAthena noobie)

Good Luck,
Josh

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  276

Pretty much the same thing with windows, basically. Before dipping in, try to understand the OS first (File Permissions, Hostnames, VI, Yum Repositories, stuffs like that) for you to understand what you are doing. Don't just blindly give commands to the machine.

Yes. Well, maybe a few google search. (e/rAthena noobie)

Good Luck,

Josh

Thanks for the input, will do and google search about these specific commands!

The guide is mostly complete.

The section that's missing is after Installation_(CentOS)#Import_MySQL_Tables, you need to:

• set the MySQL user/pass in trunk/conf/inter_athena.conf
  • in MySQL (ragnarok.login table), change the default s1/p1 userid and password
  • then edit char_athena.conf and map_athena.conf with the new userid and password

Thanks Brian for your reply,  will bookmark this down further once i start the hosting.

Thanks!