Weapon isn't appearing

Elyisa

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48

Hello everyone, I have recently tried to add a custom scythe to my server but the sprite wont show up =/ this is the db line

item_db2 line- 19418,19418,Death Scythe,4,,,10,150,5,3,1,0x00008000,7,2,2,4,90,1,1990,{},{},{}

and the folders i have the sprites in are texture-->collection/item  and  sprite-->¾ÆÀÌÅÛ  and sprite-->Àΰ£Á-->¼ºÁ÷ÀÚ

in the ¼ºÁ÷ÀÚ folder i have ¼ºÁ÷ÀÚ_¿©_19418.spr/.act and ¼ºÁ÷ÀÚ_³²_19418.spr/.act

for my txt files i have everything wrote down in accessoryid and accname with no errors as well as all 3 idnum and itemslotcounttable

seems to me everything wrote down correctly and everythings in the right folders am i missing something? If you need any screenshots or example files just ask :)

Thanks in advance

-Kris

P.S. pls dont paste a link to rathena custom weapon/item wiki site ive already been there and it hasnt helped one bit ive followed the instructions to a tee on that site and still nothings appearing =/

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  806

first of all accessoryid and accname is used for headgears only (as far as i know).

secondly since you mentioned that you are using the txt files i am assuming your client don't use iteminfo.lua 

For old clients (which is your case as per my assumption) the weapons are limited to certain item id ranges since the client actually compares the item id it received against fixed values. 

Fix:

1) change the view id in your itemdb to one of these (since you said i believe it is supposed to be a spear).
View id required for weapons is also mentioned in the wiki in Custom Items section.

One-Handed Spears = 4

Two-Handed Spears = 5

2)  change your item id to fit in one of the ranges below. (obviously the spr and act file names would also change).

One handed Spears = 1400-1449
Two Handed Spears = 1450-1471, 1474-1499

3)  Remove whatever stuff you wrote in accessoryid and accname for this (its of no use).

Check the link in my signature if you need item id ranges for other weapons.

You can also try my modified client that gives better control on the item ids if you like
=> http://rathena.org/board/topic/79646-release-2012-04-10a-with-no-weapon-item-id-restriction/?view=findpost&p=184288.

• Upvote 1

first of all accessoryid and accname is used for headgears only (as far as i know).

secondly since you mentioned that you are using the txt files i am assuming your client don't use iteminfo.lua 

For old clients (which is your case as per my assumption) the weapons are limited to certain item id ranges since the client actually compares the item id it received against fixed values. 

Fix:

1) change the view id in your itemdb to one of these (since you said i believe it is supposed to be a spear).

View id required for weapons is also mentioned in the wiki in Custom Items section.

One-Handed Spears = 4

Two-Handed Spears = 5

2)  change your item id to fit in one of the ranges below. (obviously the spr and act file names would also change).

One handed Spears = 1400-1449
Two Handed Spears = 1450-1471, 1474-1499

3)  Remove whatever stuff you wrote in accessoryid and accname for this (its of no use).

Check the link in my signature if you need item id ranges for other weapons.

You can also try my modified client that gives better control on the item ids if you like

=> http://rathena.org/board/topic/79646-release-2012-04-10a-with-no-weapon-item-id-restriction/?view=findpost&p=184288.

Well im planning on making it a mace because mace attacks look alot like a scythe swing. I made the item id for that 1506 is that ok? and made the view id 8. I removed the accname/accessoryid and changed all of the sprites/textures to 1506 that should hopefully be it. Sorry about this im new to custom weapons lol

-Kris

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  806

Well maces have the ranges => 1500-1549, 16000-16999. and 1506 is already taken up by "mace". unless you want to overwrite the mace you can try an id in the second range. try 16011+, they are not taken up by anything.

Well maces have the ranges => 1500-1549, 16000-16999. and 1506 is already taken up by "mace". unless you want to overwrite the mace you can try an id in the second range. try 16011+, they are not taken up by anything.

Well im getting the problem now of it just showing up as a mace not the scythe X_X heres a pic

post-11887-0-22461300-1363812094_thumb.jpg