MySQL syntax error after updating (char / charlog)

sietse11

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  127

Hey,

I updated my server yesterday.

And I applied some sql updates for the pincode system and stuff.

One of my test players used the stylist and changed cloth collers, then proceeded to become ranger and got a sprite error.

After investigating I decided to undo the style changes in my database.

Here I found out that after my last update my char and charlog queries are bugging out on me

I get these two errors

Error Code: 1064. You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'int, dex, luk, max_hp, hp, max_sp, sp, status_point, skill_point, option, karma,' at line 1

Error Code: 1064. You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'int, dex, luk, hair, hair_color FROM 'ragnarok'.'charlog'' at line 1

any easy fix for this?

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  177

Did you run the upgrade SQL queries found in sql-files/upgrades/ when you updated your server?

Edited by luciar

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  127

yeah, I ran probably the last 6 updates, cause I had never done it before. I just noticed the files while updating with svn, checked the folder and finally realized thats why I kept getting db errors after updating and recompiling.

Anyway I found away around that syntax error.

what I do now is I click on char/ charlog then right click tables(query I dunno not in sql atm) and select edit tables which triggers the syntax errors.

However if I rightclick char/charlog and then if my memory isnt failing me select the 1st option in the menu.

I get to see and edit the tables without the syntax error.

So Im guessing its nothing serious but I'm still wondering what I did to cause the syntax errors in the 1st place