Big MySQL mess

Roku

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12

Hey there! I have a really really annoying problem with MySQL. I am currently trying to set up a rAthena test server to learn scripting, however, I already fail at configuring the server side stuff ._. Well I only manage to get the MAP server running the login one doesnt get past "Access denied for root @ localhost USING PASSWORD YES" and Char server is stuck at "attempting to connect to 127.0.0.1:6900 -> failed socket error #3 10061

Now this is not the biggest problem I have, the most annoying problem which I am unable to fix is this: I (accidentally? xD) set max connections of user root to 100 and now I am screwed, I can't do anything! I deinstalled like 5 times and it is still there! I tried some commands like UPDATE user SET max_questions = 0 ... but nothing worked! I found out that you have to reset privileges or something like that but as I am a total noob in MySQL I really don't manage to fix it by myself :(. Please help me with this and maybe you can have a look at my CONF files too and help me fix that as well.

My IP is the 95. one

The IP that I get by checking my lan connection is the 107 one (for some reason when I write ipconfig in CMD it says IP = ?, It's unable to tell me the IP o.O)

I did that according to a guide but well...I only want an offline RO renewal server to test NPC scripting :(

edit: DAMN, how does that program even REMEMBER that I wrote 100 where 0 belongs after completely deinstalling it. It's really annoying!! And now I get the following error when Installing Samples and Examples 5.6.10: examples-5.6:100 - Error installing sample database. The error is:\n\tMySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

inter_athena.conf

login_athena.conf

map_athena.conf

subnet_athena.conf

char_athena.conf

Edited by Roku

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  806

1) For the max number of connection issue have you tried looking in the my.ini file there is a setting called max_connections=<value> try changing that

2) As for the IP make it 127.0.0.1 for all the servers for offline server

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  12

Hey, thanks for the reply. I seem to have fixed the max connections issue, but even after changing all IPs to 127.0.0.1, lchar sever cant connect to 127.0.0.1:6900 socket error #3 10061, I have opened the ports ( I think, I wrote my lan IP and all the ports I saw in the conf files) and login server stll says that access is denied for root, what files are needed for login server? I think one of them still has old username and pw. Also it says debug at ipban_sql c79

And do I need XAMPP?

And I really think the problem lies with the login server, due to it being denied access, the char serve cant connect to it right? So i have to fix this access problem but how -.-

EDIT: Fixed, server side running smoothly, client side .. I have absolutely no clue what client to use..

Edited by Roku