Map/Char server, how to let other people connect?

TalkRO

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11

Hi guys, i believe most of the forumers here have seen this topic a lot of times, but i'm still posting the same thread because i've been too much post/threads in here, and eventually i'm quite confused on which ip to be put in char/map/login ip in order for other people to connect to my server?

Currently, my settings are

Login ip : wan ip

map ip : wan ip

char ip : wan ip

subnet : wan ip : wan ip

but i get this error

make_connection: connect failed <socket #2, error 10061: No connection could be make because the target machine actively refused it.

i've port open the 5121/6121/6900. but end up no result. i just know that if i want to connect to my own server, i should set lan ip in my clientinfo , while others are wan ip in their clientinfo, please advise.

Edited by TalkRO

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

Hello TalkRO,

i just know that if i want to connect to my own server, i should set lan ip in my clientinfo , while others are wan ip in their clientinfo

yes, that is right. otherwise, I may suggest some things for you:

1.) revert subnet_athena.conf back to basic, do not modify it. some people got the same problem when they edited this file.

2.) on char_athena.conf: make login_ip: 127.0.0.1 and char_ip: your.wan.ip.address

3.) on map_athena.conf: make char_ip: 127.0.0.1 and map_ip: your.wan.ip.address

Then, you can try to make sure whether the ports are successfully opened as well as forwarded through this link: http://canyouseeme.org

Next, don't forget to do some IP reservation.

first, assign an IP address to your PC

Windows Vista / 7

1. Open the Network and Sharing Center.

2. Locate your Connection, (it should be the Local Area Connection (or Network)).

3. Click View Status

4. Click Properties

5. TCP/IP V4 : properties

6. set to Assign Manually

7. Enter an IP address, simillar to your router's addres. (If router: 192.168.1.x, then IP = 192.168.1.x. If 192.168.0.x, then put 192.168.0.x too)

8. Subnet mask: just use 255.255.255.0

9. Default Gateway: your router's IP

10. click OK.

The internet will be reset for some seconds. if you lost your internet connection, change them to be assigned automatically and tell me what happened.

then, on port forwarding:

Forward every port to your PC's IP address.

*You can find this similar guide I wrote in rAthena / eAthena. but sorry, I forgot where did I put the complete guide.

**Warning: If you lost your internet connection for the next 3 minutes or above after changing the setting, please revert them by clicking "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" and PM me for what happened and what have you done.***

hope this helps.

Have a nice day!

Edited by Winz

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  11

it works now, thanks for help!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

Hi TalkRO,

glad that it is working now.

Now, would you please edit the first post, using the full editor and change the topic prefix to "solved"?

Thank you and have a nice day!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  59

Hello TalkRO,

i just know that if i want to connect to my own server, i should set lan ip in my clientinfo , while others are wan ip in their clientinfo

yes, that is right. otherwise, I may suggest some things for you:

1.) revert subnet_athena.conf back to basic, do not modify it. some people got the same problem when they edited this file.

2.) on char_athena.conf: make login_ip: 127.0.0.1 and char_ip: your.wan.ip.address

3.) on map_athena.conf: make char_ip: 127.0.0.1 and map_ip: your.wan.ip.address

Then, you can try to make sure whether the ports are successfully opened as well as forwarded through this link: http://canyouseeme.org

Next, don't forget to do some IP reservation.

>

first, assign an IP address to your PC

Windows Vista / 7

1. Open the Network and Sharing Center.

2. Locate your Connection, (it should be the Local Area Connection (or Network)).

3. Click View Status

4. Click Properties

5. TCP/IP V4 : properties

6. set to Assign Manually

7. Enter an IP address, simillar to your router's addres. (If router: 192.168.1.x, then IP = 192.168.1.x. If 192.168.0.x, then put 192.168.0.x too)

8. Subnet mask: just use 255.255.255.0

9. Default Gateway: your router's IP

10. click OK.

The internet will be reset for some seconds. if you lost your internet connection, change them to be assigned automatically and tell me what happened.

then, on port forwarding:

Forward every port to your PC's IP address.

*You can find this similar guide I wrote in rAthena / eAthena. but sorry, I forgot where did I put the complete guide.

**Warning: If you lost your internet connection for the next 3 minutes or above after changing the setting, please revert them by clicking "Obtain IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" and PM me for what happened and what have you done.***

hope this helps.

Have a nice day!

i didn't get what this means... : 

if you lost your internet connection, change them to be assigned automatically and tell me what happened.

i've changed the ip to router's ip but it says IP conflict detected and it turn out to be limited or no connectivity... T.T ahh, for your info, i'm using wireless connection... can't it be done if i use wireless connection?