IRC Server Integration w/ eAthena

Mumbles

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  127

My server uses a global IRC-styled system, but I'm not exactly sure how to integrate that into an actual IRC client. Ideally, I'd like to be able to read what's going on in #main at any given time and reply to it even if I don't have an active character online. I don't even know if such a thing is even possible; I barely know how the in-game IRC system works as it is. If someone could point me in the right direction to achieving such a dynamic IRC system - or even confirm that it's impossible within the mechanics of eAthena - it'd be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Via

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

Is this what you're looking for? eAthena IRC Module, from r13014

I used it over 1 year ago and it worked okay, but sometimes the IRC Bot would get disconnected and the map-server would hang. These changesets show some other things we did with the IRC Module: http://trac.assembla.com/yikes/search?q=IRC

Edited by Brian

• Content Count:  127

Is this what you're looking for? eAthena IRC Module, from r13014

I'm not sure if I simply misread it, but that's not quite what I was aiming at. What I'm essentially trying to accomplish integrating the existing system ( channel.c / channel.h ) that I have with a live IRC channel that I can read and post from. I don't know if it's possible to do so or if it'd be simpler to use the module from r13014. If the latter is the route I should take, could you or someone elaborate as to what I would have to change in order for this to work? I found myself a little distraught when I was saw the attachment from the post you linked was a DIFF file.

• Content Count:  87

anyone could update this? I need the irc bot badly :o