Server Protections, Harmony and similar...

Reynard

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56

So, i was wondering if some of you guys could help me get uptodate, based on your own experience.

A long time has passed since i hosted my last server, and well, i got convinced to create another one.

But I'm not one of these guys who like to rush things, i've learned that the hard way with my first server, so I'm currently creating content in silence and take as much time as i need.

But now, I've arrived at the point of "Server Security", and i have to say, my knowledge is quiet out dated. Back then Harmony was at version 1 for example, and quiet unstable as i heard from other who did purchase it.

Now it seems Harmony has come a long way and is quiet stable. But Google showed me some interesting links on Harmony bypasses, and a lot of negative feedback about it, so it makes me wonder...

1: Does Harmony work on the rAthena emulator software? (harmonize.it = "Harmony supports eAthena, 3ceam and Cronus in all recent versions.")

2: Is Harmony a reliable solution to protect servers from WpE/RpE/OpenKore and such? Aka is it worth 200$?

3: Is it possible to counter these bypass solutions? Or do they basically render Harmony useless?

4: Do you guys know any other reliable protection systems against WpE/RpE or Bots?

I don't want to buy a 200$ pig in a poke, so i would really thank you guys for sharing your experience with server protection systems.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards, Rey.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi Reynard,

Harmony works fine with rAthena, as it's one of the emulators which is supported. And at the current moment, there aren't anyway to bypass the packet spam from WPE/RPE; if there were any, Daniel from Harmonize.it would have already fixed it. It is well worth the $200, as you do receive support from Daniel and also unlimited updates.

• Content Count:  30

Even with Harmony, you won't be able to stop people from spamming fast as heck. There are programs, and there are ways to bypass.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  231

It is better to have protection than no protection at all.

• Content Count:  56

I was hoping for more operating experience related posts.

Anyway, Thanks Asura, guess ill have to bother Daniel with some questions personaly.

And btw, also a thanks to Team Obvious, aka Daikumi and Frost_... seriously.