Should charserver make hair checks?

MarkZD

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  134

This topic is related to bugreport:

http://rathena.org/b...reation-denied/

Adding this for reference: (bugreport:3060) and (bugreport:150) -- why hairstyle/color battle configs are not used in char-server

Edit: doesn't the client have a limited range that you can scroll through with the Left, Right, Up arrows at the Create Character screen? Is that range hard-coded in the client, or based on information it receives from the char-server?
It's hard coded in the client.Also it can be burlated by a packet editor by some bad intentioned user, which might use it to crash the other.

At the Char Select screen it will have the out-of-range hair, but once they connect to the map-server pc_authok() will check/fix it, so it won't affect other users right?
I meant in the case the user gets into another account.

There's no need for it afterwards. The only one affected by this color bug it's the player because other players can't see him with the distorted coloring. On logout-login it will be fix it like Brian said.As by the style, at least on 2012-04-10, if you surpass the limit it will show as one of the styles which I don't recall the number and other players will see you with the default one.Screenshot with removed "fix" and bugged hair style and hair color:

Z65BX.png

Only tested in 2012-04-10, would be good if someone test it on Sakexe or even older RagexeRE, but since this pc_authok fix is there since some time nothing should be wrong.

Note: On 2010 clients it generates grf error, I think the same goes on 2011, but I'm not sure now.

I think just newer clients after some 2011 revision will not crash.

Edited by MarkZD