Gunslinger Shotguns

Vach

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326

I have some sprites my artist made I can use for this as well as different setups for the item stats and how to add skills for it. My only question is:

Should I use an item equip command to horribly lower ASPD when the item is equipped, or is there a way to create a "delay before attack again" so someone couldn't just equip and unequip the weapon constantly to get shots back?

In the database, shotguns will basically be gun items that have very slow attack speed with high damage and splash, but low range.

Speaking of range, is there a way to limit range with with an equipped ranged weapon with simple item_db editing or does that have to be done with the source?

I suppose I'll have to edit the source anyway to make a new weapon "type" for the skills to work properly... anyway. :)

And my apologies if this is in the wrong section. I didn't know if it was request or support at this point.

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2044

if you are talking about creating a new custom weapon using existing weapon type 20, then this is just simple database edits

all you can simulate with batkrange, bslashrange, baspdrate ...

but if you are talking about creating a custom weapon group outside 22, then its source modification

also note that if you are making new custom weapon group, existing gunslinger skills like spread attack need to be reassign

I'd rather just go with database edits, it makes things a whole lot easier for assigning values and skill edits. Unfortunately, I may have to go with creating a new weapon group to make the new skills "only work" with shotguns.

That being said, for now I'll try without a new weapon group.

So there is a database bBonus that limits range? That makes it easier. What about the un-equip restriction? Is that possible through item script or does that require source editing?

all the *bonus command is supposed to be inside { Item Script } field, not inside OnEquip or OnUn-equip

all you can simulate with batkrange, bslashrange, baspdrate ...
all these bonuses I have tested ...

do I need to quote a post like Brainstorm to show you what does negative numbers means ?

What about the un-equip restriction?
what are you going to do with this ?

put some npc script into OnUn-equip ?

Hey! That's kind of a low blow there! I've been programming for years I know how to work with negative integers. =(

I was merely restating my question for clarity and to repropose other alternatives (if any).

Anyway... In regards to the un-equip restriction, I was thinking of doing just that. Call a function or some other that prevents the item from being unequipped a few seconds after attacking with it. I'm not sure if anything like that exists.

nope, we don't have this kind of database edit

however your source modification is not that hard to do

assign a variable inside pc.h to deny it for several seconds from being equip after attacking

is something that I did similarly with deny the main-chat

http://www.eathena.ws/board/index.php?showtopic=270470

That could work, I was thinking of messing with the OnEquip and OnUnEquip to work with a timetick. Essentially these are going to be mega upgraded shotguns of the shotguns that are already there, but because they will have such limited range and impressive splash the equipment restriction would have to be necessary.

I'll try both ideas and see what works best and then report back here. Thanks AnnieRuru. ^_^