Some Newbie Question

BabyColor

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11

Hello everyone, i just have a few newbie question

1.If i have grf file and data folder witch contain same file (let say, the clientinfo.xml), wich one wii the client use?

2.Whenever i changed the option on setup.exe (The blue ghost) it didn't affect the game (currently im using 2011-09-06 client)

3.I notice the client name contain "RE" as in "2011-09-06aRagexeRE.exe" wich i believe it stand for renewal, but if i want to set up a pre-renewal server, need i get different client? or its fine to use that one? if its the first one, where can i get pre-renewal client?

4.Whenever i start the client, an error message that say "[string "buf"]:10: attempt to call global 'Iter-getTable' (a nil value)", but after that the client started just fine

5.I noticed that the chat box (the one we toggle using F10) is empty, as i tough it is because the box's option wich the problem is, so i open it and clicked the enable all, but when i try to normal chat right after i pressed enter, the client freeze and then crashed

6.I have the file skildesctable.txt and the other kind in my data folder writen in english, but when i started the client it showed me the skill name and description in ASCII (CMIW)

Thankyou for kind concern

Edited by BabyColor

13 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782

1. It depends on how you diff your client, with or without [Read Data before GRF]

2. Try different Setup.exe you can find on the forum.

3. Renewal is how skills, stats, behavior works different. That client is compatible.

4. It might happen because you are using wrong LUA/LUB version.

5. Same as above^.

6. Same as above^.

Thankyou for your answer

1.So if i enable read data folder when diffing it will loads file in data folder instead in the grf file if it has the same name?

4,5,6. I don't quite understand about LUA/LUB and it seems not explained in the wiki, can u teach me about it?

1. Yes, if file not exists in /data, it reads first entry of GRF, still not exists, then it reads 2nd GRF and so on...

4,5,6. http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Lua_Project/lubs/

• Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1654

I gues you are placing the lua in the wrong folder, place it in 'data\luafiles514\lua files' folder.

2.Ok, so i have using different setup.exe, but still not working (I'm using the old ragnaroksetup.exe)

4,5,6. Im not sure wich one to downlaods, so i get one with the date close to my client (2011-11-22_lua_files) and extracted it to 'data\luafiles514\lua files', but now whenever i run my client even as administrator, its now just crashed (Windows dialog about program stop working with the option to search solution online etc), but when i delete those lua folder, it run normally

Oh, never mind the lua, i downloaded the lub files also and extract it to the same folder replacing the lua, now i can run the client normally, but it still not fix my previous problem (messed skill name and info + client crashed whenever something should appear in the message box ea. chat0

And alos, i just noticed it, but whenever i run the client, the option on the setup.exe (The blue ghost one) reseted it self, but it didn't reseted if i not run my clients

Anyone?

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

run the setup file as an administrator.. someone doesn't know the power of it.. (read my signature)

Wich siggy did you mention Stapo?

if it is the first one, then I'm sorry, please don't judge someone by it's cover, please don't acuse my like something in your siggy, i never saud or feel i'm a pro here, as i even humbly asking question as a newbie. Beside, i always try everythings i can before i'm asking question as it would mean i have run out of option, and things as simple as "run as administrator" is something i always do whenever i encounter an error for the first time, so please don't hastly accuse someone before you really ask them as it might offend them. And yes, im a bit offened by you pointing your siggy as if i'm some pro-wanna-be who didn't know an option such as "run as administrator", but i'm a big hearted person, i'll be cool, i come here to seek for answer not a fight.

If it's the second siggy pointing my previous solved question, well, i'm sorry i might not do as per you say in my previous question that has been solve as i didn't aware such a rule existed and didn't have the knowledge to do so even after knowing the rule, it's totally my fault, i'm no one but just a small eyed small nosed small men who can miss many things like every ordinary men.

Anyway, would you, or somebody else kindly help me solve my little problem?

oh you read it. well, I asked you to read my siggy with the reason of: I wanted to tell you a story of someone. well, I didn't say you are one of my Siggy. hahahhaa.

no, not the second one.

so, you've tried with the Run as administrator? again: I don't accuse you to be the pro in my siggy.

> try to extract both 'savedata' and 'system' folder to your kRO folder. so, you can see them standing right near the BGM folder. then, give them the permission to be written (delete the Read Only tag from the Properties window).

> open dinput.ini then adjust windows size by editing WindowWidth and WindowHeight.

I am so sorry if I hurted you through my willing that I want to share a story with you. Me too, I don't want to look for enemy, I just wanted to help people with all the ability I can.

Please forget about the signature thing and I am sorry for that.

Find a folder named "savedata" inside your ro directory, delete a file with this name: "OptionInfo.lua" then try again to setup with old setup.exe

or you might want to try my setup.exe:

http://www.mediafire.com/?abj2jau2wxbvoiu,7e9nsbqleo5199r,km2an325s8vxpsx

most related application: opensetup.exe. I am using it for 2011-03-15

It's ok Stapo, i'm cool, its common to ahve bit missunderstanding in convertation, but let it become a lesson for us all to be more carefull

Anyway i really apreciate your help, i'll try as per your adviced as soon as i can access my PC, i'll report ASAP, thanks fot your support, you are awesome.

His name is Winz, Stapo is a forum titile according to your post rank.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1654

Thank you for the clarification Mr. 'Lv. 10 Swordsman' :D

Thank you for the clarification Mr. 'Lv. 10 Swordsman' :D

Lol at this. everyone keeps calling me Stapo. maybe I'll change my name into Stapo. hahaha

It's ok Stapo, i'm cool, its common to ahve bit missunderstanding in convertation, but let it become a lesson for us all to be more carefull

Anyway i really apreciate your help, i'll try as per your adviced as soon as i can access my PC, i'll report ASAP, thanks fot your support, you are awesome.

Thank you for that, BabyColor. and I'm so sorry about my words.