Moving from 08-2011 exe to xx-2012

Golem1988

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  162

So, I want to move my client from 2011 exe to 2012 cause of some uncool errors while seeing new pets and some mobs (tetra vortex as well), so, what I should use to move normally to the new exe?

I have translated lua files to russian language and I think, new exe will use newer version of those files. I tryed to move once, but had much errors caused by lua files and when errors were fixed- I've lost translation, so I was forced to move back. I would be very happy, if someone will give me some advices in this question. So, how to move to the new exe and lua files keeping translations? And please, don't offer to translate all the new lua files manually and using translator or etc.

Thanks for advice and help.

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  106

So, I want to move my client from 2011 exe to 2012 cause of some uncool errors while seeing new pets and some mobs (tetra vortex as well), so, what I should use to move normally to the new exe?

I have translated lua files to russian language and I think, new exe will use newer version of those files. I tryed to move once, but had much errors caused by lua files and when errors were fixed- I've lost translation, so I was forced to move back. I would be very happy, if someone will give me some advices in this question. So, how to move to the new exe and lua files keeping translations? And please, don't offer to translate all the new lua files manually and using translator or etc.

Thanks for advice and help.

Using 2012-04-10a has proven to be very good to me and several others, also, using the translated/updated LUA's from the forums here have given me tons of translations, only really new items and some parts of the clients of my server are still in korean.

basicly, you just download a client, diff it, edit the mmo.h file in the revision you're working with and recompile it.

Don't forget to edit the clientinfo's packet version to 30.

Edited by insarius

Thanks for advice, I should try it :) But how will it work with lua files that is using my present exe?

Ohh, I should test it :)

Edited by Golem1988

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  106

You're welcome. :)

There is some problem with inventory... Inv window doesn't resize. Dunno how to solve that. Any suggestions?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  782

http://rathena.org/wiki/Favorite_tab there is guide on editing msgstringtable.txt, that will resize ur inventory.