Increase/Decrease DEF/MDEF bonus value... any idea?

HitsuzenRO

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Hi hi~!

Well... the main idea is to Increase/Decrease the bonus value of DEF/MDEF... why you say? well..

i'm actually working on a Race System (using Kamishi's Paletting Services, they are really awesome!!!! /lv ), when you change your race (physicall appareance, using setlook) i'm adding some increments/decrements to some values like stats, maxhp, maxsp, etc. (to do this i've used the sc_start SC_INC<stat/hp/sp> wich changes bonus values for each stat)...

the problem comes when i try to increase/decrease the DEF/MDEF, i have already tried using:

[X] sc_start SC_INCDEFRATE,<time>,<value>; <---- not sure what it does but the def value doesn't increases

[X] sc_start SC_DEF_RATE,<time>,<value>; <--- doesn't increase the DEF Value at Alt+Q Window, i've read it increases the resistense to status changes... same for SC_MDEF_RATE, does not change MDEF value at Alt+Q window...

[X] bonus bDef2,<value>; <---- Actually it works outside items, but it changes again when you equip/unequip anything, same goes for other def bonus..

[X] autobonus "{ bonus nDef2,-100;}",1000,<time>; <---- Does not work. I've read autobonus only triggers when user performs/receive an attack...same for other autobonus2,3,4

Possble Solutions:

1) I thought maybe there could be a way to equip an "invisible" item and the item contains the script for all the increments/decrements using bonus system.... but... sounds kinda crazy right? ^^U

2) Maybe there's a way for the NPC to "recall" a item script ???

3) Add something like "SC_INCREASE_DEF" to status.c and status.h but... to be honest i have no idea how to do it and i think it could be the last option xD

Any idea how can i solve this problem? maybe i made a mistake? any possible solution/idea will be really really appreciated :D Thx for taking your time reading this topic and i hope this can help someone else to solve this kind of situations (if we find a way to solve it xD)

Greetings :D!

Edited by HitsuzenRO

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  713

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  9

Really: Thank you very much! It actually works like a charm!!! (i'm using eAthena last rev, just had to manually add the part of battle.c and battle.h of the patch and the MAX_ITEMDB variable).

Topic: [sOLVED] /! :lol: