Custom Item is Unknown Item

mixeeplikstick

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48

I tried to follow a tutorial on how to add custom items in the game and I am sure that I followed it well. I got the custom item Arch-Angel_wings here. But it seems like I did something wrong because of instead showing the custom item in my inventory it shows an unknown item.

I placed the texture files on both the À¯ÀúÀÎÅÍÆäÀ̽º/item and /collection folders on the client side. And I placed the .spr and .act files on both the sprite/¾ÆÀÌÅÛ , sprite/¾Ç¼¼»ç¸®/¿© , sprite/¾Ç¼¼»ç¸®/³² folders.

here are the scripts that I added below the existing scripts on the text files.

server-side

db/item_db2.txt

30000,Arch_Angel_Wings,Arch Angel Wings,5,30000,10,10,,,,1,0xFFFFFFFE,2,2,1,,,0,833,{ bonus bDex,5; bonus bInt,5; },{},{}

client-side

data/idnum2itemdesctable.txt

30000#

Pretty angel wings for your character.

#

idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt

30000#Arch_Angel_Wings#

idnum2itemresnametable.txt

30000#Arch_Angel_Wings#

itemslotcounttable.txt

30000#1#

num2itemdesctable.txt

30000#

An Unidentified pair of wings. You know they are wings, but aren't sure what kind they are.

#

num2itemdisplaynametable.txt

30000#Unidentified_Wings#

num2itemresnametable.txt

30000#Arch_Angel_Wings#

I need help guys. I am new in this. Thanks in advance! I've included a screenshot so you'll have an idea of what i am talking about.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I am using a 2011-03-15aRagexeRE.exe patcher that was also used by Sharpienero on his tutorial video.

post-7414-0-13133400-1346673034_thumb.jpg

Edited by mixeeplikstick

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  86

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  383

It seems good but the error can comes from the client priority reading. Where did you set your modificated files ? In a grf or in data folder ? Your data.ini have to read first the grf or the data depending where you put your latest files. Also check the diff of your executable for allow data reading or set the priority to lua files.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  48

It seems good but the error can comes from the client priority reading. Where did you set your modificated files ? In a grf or in data folder ? Your data.ini have to read first the grf or the data depending where you put your latest files. Also check the diff of your executable for allow data reading or set the priority to lua files.

I put it on the data folder, but it's still the same even after i created a new data.grf. I've set it to read the data.grf files first.

I will read the topic on the link you provided. Hope i can find my answer there.