"Attempt to call a nil value" Error

Sacer

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

Hi,

I'd like to use the latest rev. I just downloaded it, compiled successfully, server runs great - however: the client won't start!

I've downloaded the latest data 2.0 folder, looked up the clientinfo.xml which is set to my localhost. Also I checked mmo.c as recommended which is set to 20120410.

So I downloaded 2012-04-10aRagexeRE.exe and diffed it with with ShinsDiffPatcher and this WeeDiffGenerator (just got the recommended patches). After that I simply copied the patched file to my fully updatet Miruku installation and BAM -> "attempt to call a nil value".

My only chance now to kill that is over the task-manager.

Did I miss something to do? :/

//edit1

Well, I looked arround the forum and a bit more google and tried to fix that problems by loading the LUA/LUB files from the "Lua-Project". Now the error is gone BUT the Setup shows up instantly. Well, I guess you need some Settings for your first run but after hitting "ok" or "cancel" the setup windows shows up again, and again, and... so on. As said before: the only possibility to close it is over the TM.

Edited by Sacer

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

Have a look at this post for issues with looping setups. There's plenty of other threads regarding the setup.exe issue, you just need to look in the right place ;)