Error when using custom item

roger

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

Sorry i'm a newbie at customing item, and i wanna ask a thing or two..

I was reading some guides from rathena wiki, and i made conclusion that these are the steps to customization:

Put the right act & spr file for both males and females , put them in texture item & collection and so on and so on...

I did all of them , but a fatal error occurs when i used my custom items (everything was perfect though, i could see the item's icon in inventory, i could drop it, and i could also right click the item)

Could anybody tell me why? are the lua files involves?

And also i wanna ask, is it going to be different if my symbols such as ¾ÆÀÌÅÛ or ¾Ç¼¼»ç¸® turns into korean language (악세사리)?

Should i just adjust them ? Because when i extract my ro.grf with grf tools, it doesn't show any symbols, instead they show korean language..

I was confuse coz instead of showing ¿© it is showing 남. Will that make any difference?

Please be very kind and help me, and i'm sorry if i have lotsa grammatical errors =)

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  383

For your error, it can comes from your LUA files, not the right name write or the modification of Lua files isn't loaded. It can also be due to a corrompted sprite file.

- You can modificate the view_id in your item_db for test. Use view_id 1 and check if it works.

- Replace in your LUA files, your custom item by a basic one. If your item works that means that your lua files are reading by the client.

Did your client have been hexed for modificate the number max of view_id allowed ?

Files names are converted to ASCII because many programs didn't support Korean characters. But you have to convert to Korean before repack in your GRF. The lua files read files in ASCII not Korean so you have to wrote the ASCII name of client files.