Unable to make it go online?

ToiletMaster

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  276

Hey guys,

i managed to make the server and client thanks to judas's setup and guides that he's given me.

however, i'm facing a problem at the moment as i'm able to access the server locally as judas's grf clientinfo.xml are for localhost,

however when i change that to my no-ip address it doesn't work nor any other local address such as 192.168.0.100

it comes back to the original default login screen with error msg 5011 coming out.

is there anything i've done wrong?

what i've done to make it go online.

- i extracted the grf that I downloaded from judas. then i updated the clientinfo.xml to my no-ip address.

Notes:

My server side is reading everything perfectly with the no-ip. i can ping it as well, so i dont think that's the cause. i used local/wan ip yet it doesn't work. any help would be much appreciated! thanks alot !

7 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Manager
  • Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3127

You'll need to port-forward on your router for the login/char/map servers data to actually reach the intended destination.

You'll need to port-forward on your router for the login/char/map servers data to actually reach the intended destination.

hi there akkarin,

thanks for your reply, however, i've already port forwarded all the ports. i'm using the default ports which 6900,5121,6121,3306

however, my router does have the option of placing private ip and public ip. i placed the private ip as my local ip however, for the public ip i left it blank.

is that fine?

*update*

i manage to port forward my ports. and manage to get it to work finally after putting in the local ip as well for the clientinfo.xml

however, when i change my clientinfo.xml to wan ip.

i'm unable to connect to the server. anyone able to help out on this?

bump- anyone mind helping out? cause after doing hours of research and googling, i cant seem to find out the source of the problem.

if i set my clientxml to local it works great, however once i change to wan ip it doesn't work at all. it only reaches to log in screen and once i done that it says fails to connect to server.

Edited by ToiletMaster

• Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  138

hi akkarin, is it possible to make your server online with port forwarding?

hi there akkarin,

thanks for your reply, however, i've already port forwarded all the ports. i'm using the default ports which 6900,5121,6121,3306

however, my router does have the option of placing private ip and public ip. i placed the private ip as my local ip however, for the public ip i left it blank.

is that fine?

*update*

i manage to port forward my ports. and manage to get it to work finally after putting in the local ip as well for the clientinfo.xml

however, when i change my clientinfo.xml to wan ip.

i'm unable to connect to the server. anyone able to help out on this?

bump- anyone mind helping out? cause after doing hours of research and googling, i cant seem to find out the source of the problem.

if i set my clientxml to local it works great, however once i change to wan ip it doesn't work at all. it only reaches to log in screen and once i done that it says fails to connect to server.

If you've done it correctly it'll work. Alternatively, try hosting your server elsewhere and not residentially :P

Yeah, buy a VPS.

hmm, well if you dont mind me asking, does packet_db cause this? cause i dont think i've edited the packet_db well.

however bear in mind that i can connect locally, just that packet_db_ver mine is 28 and i'm suppose to take this down http://svn6.assembla...28aRagexeRE.txt

however, i dont think i've paste it in the right format. is there any format? or i just chuck it in lol

If you can connect locally, then it can't be an issue with your packet_db :P

Solved* problem was lying in the subnet mask itself

thanks for the help everyone!

Edited by ToiletMaster