Ragnarok Online Lore

ScriptingPhailure

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  87

I asked this a while back on eA, no one really quite answered it. It's been bothering me. The quest in the Ayo dungeon mentions all this about a man-eating, shape-shifting tiger, but the boss is Lady Tanee. Wouldn't it make more sense for the boss to be Eddga?

Does anyone else know the lore of this game? Like tid bits and such about each dungeon and boss?

I was told that Gloom Under Night was some sort of evil manifestation that was formed and attracted to Rachel by all the fake ymir hearts at the temple.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  54

I want an answer. I want an answer DC comic book style.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  28

All I remember about Gloom Under Night is that it's an obvious evolution of a Gremlin/Hordemlin...

And yes, Gloom's manifestation is directly related to the Ymir's Hearts in the temple.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119

mes "[Puraim]";

mes "If the Sa-mhing Tiger wasn't around, there would still be all the evil spirits in this place. Even with the holy thread, this place is still dangerous.";

next;

Soooo I'm guessing it was never intended to be in the dungeon. I can't find really anything related to a man eating tiger in any Thai mythology (Ayothya and its dungeon is based off Thai mythology) but plenty on Tanee. I did however find one story of evil tigers who were more like evil spirits but you could still kill them and they would appear to be different people, but that was again, one story, tried looking for more with the same keywords and nothing.

Anywais, Tanee is known as Nang Tanee in Thailand and inhabits banana trees. She is a ghost and who she is and what she does seems rather mixed to me, some see her as something good and ask for protection from her (hence brightly colored fabric around banana trees), others see her as basically a succubus, someone who lures men and drains their life force.

Blah 1

Blah 2

And the best of all learning material:

Edited by Wolfeh

• 3 weeks later...