Proper I.P. & Proper Ports to use?

zmref

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  299

Ok I think I'm almost done.

I tried these ports 1027,1028,1029,3306,5121,6121.

and do you know what happened?

sometimes error has:

-unknown packet

-make_listen_bind: bind failed

-make_connection: connect failed

So here the ports I used now

and look what happened,

post-5357-0-90684500-1340774109_thumb.png

now I'm stuck on this, not knowing the PROPER PORTS to be use, I'm a newbie though...

Whoever knows this I think it might solve all the connection problems.

What ports or I.P should be use?

Edited by zmref

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

Are you port forwarded on all those ports? ^_^

I don't get it,

what port should I use? :(

View my netstat -a here:

post-5357-0-88379100-1340775875_thumb.png

post-5357-0-01468200-1340775897_thumb.png

• Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119

Make_listen_bind can sometimes be from having more than one .bat open (so its trying to connect but that port is already occupied by your previous .bat's trying to connect or which are connected). So if you have more than one mapserv-sql.bat open, it will do that and won't work at all. If you see the .bat icon on your task bar (bar which has the windows logo and is always on the bottom of your screen), right click it and choose "close all" just in case. Then do runserver-sql.bat Make_connection is also from this.

Do NOT change anything in inter_athena.conf Inter_athena deals with SQL, not the servers connecting to other servers. All ports in inter_athena should be 3306, as that is the port MySQL uses to connect. The different servers that rAthena uses have different ports, and these need to stay the same unless you are trying to run more than one server separately (though they can also be changed for security reasons). The ports you want to change for connecting are in map_athena, login_athena, and char_athena, but don't change them. Make sure the bind_ip lines in all of these files are commented (have a // before them, that is a comment), like this: //bind_ip: 127.0.0.1 Not sure what it does, but that is why it needs to stay commented, lol. What it is basically saying is the login server cannot connect to the character server for whatever reason, but I have a feeling it is because you didn't close your previous charserv-sql.bat

If you did, judging by your screenshot you have Windows 7? And an antivirus? (Red shield.) Make sure those aren't blocking it. The Windows 7 Firewall will always try to block the .bats when they are being ran for the first time, or are being ran from a new location for the first time. When they are ran for the first time, you will get a popup from the firewall basically stating that these programs are trying to connect and do you want to give them permanent access to do so. I would recommend only giving them private access to your computer. If you did, make sure you did. Click on the Windows icon, then Control Panel, System and Security, then "Allow a program through Windows Firewall". Scroll down and make sure you have loginserv-sql, charserv-sql, and mapserv-sql allowed private access. Like so (I have more than one, cause I'm special):

firewallt.jpg

If you don't, click "Allow another program", click "Browse" and navigate to your .bat's. For your antivirus, search google for that, how to allow programs through it, as I'm not familiar with what you are using. I use Avast which notifies me when it blocks it, and it only blocks the clients but allowing them is quite easy. Now, as for port forwarding, ONLY do this if you have a router, and not a modem. http://portforward.c...outerindex.html You want to allow ports 5121, 6121, and 6900. This is my forwarding:

forwarding.jpg

Edited by Wolfeh

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi zmref,

For the inter_athena.conf file; you're suppose to use 3306. In the login_athena, char_athena, map_athena; you're not suppose to use 3306 cause it's being used by the MySQL server. You'll need to use different ports for the login, char, and map; most people leave it as default with 6900, 6121, and 5121.

If you can't connect with default values; you need to open your ports. But from what I see... you are just configuring every port to conflict with each other, which is your biggest mistake.

Thank you all guys!, I'm done with the server side next is the client side. I couldn't search in this forum a detailed step on how to use the client, what its requirements, where to put it and such....

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  213

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="euc-kr" ?>
<clientinfo>
<desc>Ragnarok Client Information</desc>
<servicetype>korea</servicetype>
<servertype>sakray</servertype>
<connection>
	<display>Server Name</display>
	<desc>Ragnarok Online</desc>
	<balloon>If using service select screen, this will display when hovering</balloon>
	<address>WAN IP of the Game Server</address>
	<port>login port specified in the login_athena.conf</port>
	<version>25</version>
	<langtype>1</langtype>
	<registrationweb></registrationweb>
</connection>
</clientinfo>

You'll want to read up on clientinfo.xml. This will either reside in your /data/ folder (client-side) or a GRF specified in the client's GRF .INI file. Ensure when you choose the packet <version></version> you reflect that in the rAthenaroot/db/packet_db.txt (packet_db_ver:) and also the client version (date of client; for example 20100707) in the /rAthenaroot/src/common/mmo.h (#define PACKETVER).

As a side note and to clarify, the bind_ip actually allows you to specify WAN IPs that the server will specifically listen on. In an instance, for example, running multiple servers on one server this will come in handy if you're using multiple WAN IP addresses.

Edited by Cookie