Call To Action /rant

jTynne

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

Do you operate a server that runs on rAthena? Are you someone who codes fixes/updates for a server that runs rAthena?

If you answered yes to either of the above, then I have one more question for you:

Do you share your fixes/findings/content with the rest of the community?

If no, consider this a "Call To Action" for server administrators and content developers.

I recently made my server public, and despite the excellent work the developers here do on a daily basis, there are still a lot of things that have to be updated/fixed, revised, and optimized. While the emulator IS essentially production ready, I've found myself having to go through and edit quite a few things, code official things that no one's been able to get to yet, and figure things out regarding why quests or certain scripts are missing or simply not working (or are missing functionality/support for the new classes).

While I completely understand that not EVERYONE mooches off of the emulation project, I urge those of you who run a server and who are capable of writing fixes of your own, to please post your fixes/findings in the Bug Tracker if you do not already do so. There's plenty of things to update and finish in the item database, documentation files to be updated/modified, among other things.

I'm not a developer here, and honestly, I'm not a professional script writer, however, I'm doing what I can to ensure the rest of the community can benefit even if only by a slight margin by sharing my content updates, and I urge others to do the same. The less that the developers here have to tend to on their own, the faster we'll start seeing things we've been waiting on, like completion of Oboro/Kagerou, script fixes, updated database inserts, and more.

/hops off soap box

• Upvote 8