Yggdrasil Puzzle Fix

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1

So, as some people have noticed, the current Yggdrasil Puzzle doesn't really work. So I offer mine.

http://pastebin.com/K6RMTS1y

As for why the current one doesn't work and mine does, a bit of an explaination into the script itself.

The NPCs are, by default, enabled. In their enabled state, they warp you to the previous floor.

When you activate the "Strange Device" It does the OnDisable event, Which then disables the NPCs and starts a timer. Every few seconds after the timer starts, the npcs that are now walkable will do the EF_WIND, and then when the timer is running out, the EF_STEAL. At some point in time, one of the updates for e/rAthena made it so disabled NPCs couldn't use effects, which by all rights shouldn't affect anything major really. Unfortunately, this was coded rather badly originally, so that broke.

Now someone comes along and attempts to fix it. Doens't really work. The NPCs do the EF_WIND, but only after everything is unwalkable again.

I changed the NPCs so now one NPC will warp you away and can be disabled, and then another on the same cell will do the effects.

So yeah. There you go.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

Good job Bud :)

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  835

thank you for this fix ^^