RO Server ownership change. Has it happened?

Bake Mono

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26

As a general topic and imo, an interesting thought, has anyone heard of a server of moderate to high popularity changing ownership? Note: Some smaller servers may change, however I am more referring to one that's been around for a while and has a large player base. This could be either the owner selling the server to another party, or simply the owner passing it on to someone for little or no profit. I've yet to hear of something like this happen, however I've only heard tales from the past couple years, if that.

If you have, what were some complications that you've seen.. I can only imagine legal issues, contracts to prevent the owner from stealing it back, etc. Though, maybe some did work o.o

/hmm

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  399

EssenceRO

Tira -> Paradox924X

Complications? Players have been leaving ever since. =/ I used to play on Essence in my spare time, but left when all of my friends I'd made left due to issues they had with the new administration. It's unfortunate, too, because the core of the server was one of my favorites in my years playing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  658

Most of the private Server's have their own Special touch,because of the ideas of the Server Administrator. Every Server Administrator has his/her own ideas and high populated servers show,that they like this special touch of the Server,that's why they stay,but if the Administration changes and there isn't coming new stuff with this special stuff.

That makes a lot of Player's leave theese Servers and that's why they have to close the Server after a few months. There are still RO Server owners,who are opening a Server just for fun,because they enjoy it,but a lot of people open RO Server's to make money with their server,that's why they accept donates and that's why they sell their Server if it's high populated,to get money.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  26

I haven't heard of the eRO story, but it seemed like such a popular server. As for Rikimaru's insight, yes, money seekers generally have a more negative than positive effect on things, or so I believe. For complications though, say for example someone offered to buy "xRO" from owner Y for Z dollars/euros/yen/pesos. I could only imagine the risk involved with trusting said person to not double cross you, or attempt to regain control after they've sold it. Since the game is essentially ripped from gravity in a way, I don't believe you can legally file a claim if such a case happened, though I could be wrong. o.o