should i use xray to make a custom weapon?

java

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  251

im so sorry guys ahahha... i just wanna know, how to make my bow sprite visible?

this is my itemdb :

18104,Bowtest,Bowtest,4,1000,,0,15,,5,4,0x000A0848,7,2,34,1,4,1,11,{ bonus2 bAddDamageClass,1002,500; bonus2 bAddDamageClass,1113,500; bonus2 bAddDamageClass,1031,500; bonus2 bAddDamageClass,1242,500; },{},{}

and this is structur folder of my custom sprite for weapon :

post-951-0-10459900-1338158523_thumb.png

for drop sprite is fix , i just wonder why my custom weapon sprite didnt show correctly while attack monster?

like this :

post-951-0-51416600-1338159141_thumb.png

thank you before :)

Edited by java

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326

it will not show, weapon view while attacking is still hard coded on clients, even on xray (it will only show your custom sprite view after attacking/after attack idle view)

but there is one solution if your really are dying to see the attack view for your customs, you can replace original existing items with your custom ones

for example you want to make a bow (so the solution would be replace any existing bow in the db with your custom db & clientside(spr) resources so that it would appear for that items as your custom ones

(idk if there are still free view IDs for each weapon ranges)

try and test to add your custom weapons at the end of each specific weapon(start your custom weapon IDs from the last free id for bow, daggers, swords, etc.)

Edited by frenzmu06

thank you .. the problem already solved :)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  764

What frenzmu06 said isn't true.

To make your sprite visible just use an itemID which is in the correct range - explained in wiki: http://rathena.org/wiki/Custom_weapons

What frenzmu06 said isn't true.

To make your sprite visible just use an itemID which is in the correct range - explained in wiki: http://rathena.org/wiki/Custom_weapons

indeed sir kenpachi.. i was following what's wiki write about custome weapon and now my sprite work yay! :)

but ..

im not following frenzmu06.. im just following this thread >> http://rathena.org/board/topic/64182-how-to-fix-this-custom-weapon/

that's better than i've to create other thread to ask something that people had a same questions..

but thanks to you, this is great forum , which can share many information to all :)

Edited by java

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  326

i'm sorry if you dint get my post that clear, (dint elaborate that much)

when i said:

it will not show, weapon view while attacking is still hard coded on clients, even on xray (it will only show your custom sprite view after attacking/after attack idle view)

i'm pertaining to when you create custom weapon with "custom ID" that is out from the official db range like starting your custom db with 30001 or higher, etc (i assumed you did) that was my mistake if you dint

and when i said hardcoded i mean for making a specific weapon range IDs out from the official db range for your weapon

and from the wiki as i said:

(idk if there are still free view IDs for each weapon ranges)

try and test to add your custom weapons at the end of each specific weapon(start your custom weapon IDs from the last free id for bow, daggers, swords, etc.)

there are free IDs below each weapon range but not realy sure if there are free view IDs which will show weapon sprites while attacking (correct me all the free IDs starting from the last official weapon for each weapon range always shows attack sprite view)

(also kRO constantly add new weapons so the last IDs will be the one they'll use which you will also gonna be replacing)

what i said is true but terrible thing to do:

but there is one solution if your really are dying to see the attack view for your customs, you can replace original existing items with your custom ones

for example you want to make a bow (so the solution would be replace any existing bow in the db with your custom db & clientside(spr) resources so that it would appear for that items as your custom ones

correct me if i'm wrong

Edited by frenzmu06