Client view discription issues...

Peopleperson49

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I have a player on my server who is having problems with reading discriptions of custom items or seeing there name. Even items that are not custom but has a modified discription shows the original text. My custom sprites show up and the items work fine. We have tried replacing the .ini file and the grf. The same files are installed on other computers without this problem. For some reason it seems to be using the default data files for idnum2itemdesctable and idnum2itemdisplaynametable instead of my custom ones except for the sprites. I have verified my .ini to be correct and in the correct sequence. There is no issue with the idnum2itemresnametable or any other data files as far as I can tell. For example I gave them a card to hold they could see that it was a card, but no name or discription. They could also see the card pic properly. Through all of this there are no sprite errors or anything. Also I did a test to see if it was trying to read the unidentified discription files and its not. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

Edited by peopleperson49

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet