Help, incomplete sprites and "nil value errors"

isegata123

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

I have downloaded a basic eathena emulator to try some character builds from this website, and it was going well until I encountered items that have no sprites at all.

*The first thing I did was to search this site for possible solutions, and I was confused since there were a lot of solutions to a single problem.

*Let me state my case carefully, I was trying on using @item commands when suddenly the 'hairband of reginleif' item caused my server to crash, and I could not open the account. What I did after that was to reset everything, that is, I had to re-install eathena, I had no other options in mind that time.

*After re-"installing" eathena on my computer, I tried to download a data folder from one of the forums here, I do not remember which thread it was but I remember the file that I downloaded, it is <Renewal Data 2010-11-16.7z>. I extracted and pasted it over my current data folder, then I tried running my server again. This time, it caused more inconsistencies, like for instance the HoR was not the only one without a sprite, but the RWC Indonesia 2010 cap also lost its sprite.

*So what I did was to search for another possible solution. I downloaded a data folder from another thread which I do not remember which it was but the file's name is <en-Data_R127.z>, extracted it, and pasted its contents over a freshly copied data folder from my original RO [i have a pre-existing installation of pRO on my computer, it is fully patched and up-to-date]. But this time I had no idea it would be this worse, I could not even view any equipment or press any button in-game. I tried the solution which says that I have to change things such as the packet_db, #def... <client version here>, weediff's patcher, a lot of other lua files, but I could not get it work.

**maybe someone could post here which data-folder should i need to update, or any possible solution.

**i hope somebody would bump into this and respond, thanks in advance!

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

hmm to be honest, I believe most sprites aren't available since they are from other p/official servers. What item ids are they?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2

hmm to be honest, I believe most sprites aren't available since they are from other p/official servers. What item ids are they?

The item without the sprite, if I was not mistaken, was #5371, for the Hairband of Reginleif. The other one that went missing when I pasted the en-Data folder was the RWC Indonesia 2010 Cap, #18509. I would later try "manually update the sprites" and choose which one to include or not, though it would need a lot of effort.